Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2020, 08:01 PM   #1

Repurposed Auto parts etc for Hydro Hot and Aqua Hot

I am not sure how I feel about Aqua Hot parts after looking up many of them for some repair work I am doing.

Many of them clearly are just repurposed Auto parts and while I do not have a problem paying someone trying to make a living I do have an issue with overpaying someone.

A burner nozzle is standard oil burner nozzle same with fuel filter.... but they are Super High priced. 3 4 5 6 times what I can get elsewhere.

Coolant level sensor 138 bucks? If I can find it automotive it will be 20 or 30....

I bought a cross referenced Radiator cap for 7 bucks and the Aqua Hot part was almost 30 ......
I am seeking a conversation what are your guys thoughts?
Has anyone else found any of the parts elsewhere?

I need coolant level sensor
I need circ pump
I need 110v relay
I need burner fan bearings
I need control box
Fasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2020, 11:18 PM   #2

Nobody knows of any parts?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #3

I noted that my HydroHot burner bearings were very easily found skateboard wheel bearings. Most all bearings aren't proprietary. Most of the time one can find the part number stamped on the bearing shield to get it much less expensive on ebay / amazon / alibaba.

I too had to replace the coolant level sensor. This could / should be an electrical sensor, not a mechanical one like it currently is for longer life and lower cost. With research, I bet you could find an out of the box alternative if you measured the hole / thread dimensions. I just didn't have time for the project so just overpaid the price to get a new plastic OE one.

yes the radiator cap sounds like something that should have been repurposed from auto, but mine is much larger than any auto rad cap I have seen. Not sure why it was designed by HydroHot with that proprietary design, but it is what it is.

Decisions like that are why I am looking at an AquaHot ad selling the unit for a "discounted" $6290.90 price tag. Nuts for what it really is.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:58 PM   #4

I agree on all points! Just seems SEVERELY over priced in many instances
Old 04-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
A few years back I needed a circular pump for mine. Quoted $500 bucks!!! Now days you can get a replacement kit for $200
I'm quite mechanical and a bit cheep so went on Amazon and found a pump for solar hot water system 12vdc $35 needed 2 adapter fittings 1.25 ea . Its been working fine for 3years now.
Researching replacing the blower motor on one of the heat exchangers now.
Just replaced the control board, igniter coil and burner relay box$$$$$$ No getting around those.
Love the system but sure hate the prices.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:53 PM   #6

Not sure if this would work, but it looks like what I replaced in my Hydrohot
https://www.amazon.com/Madison-M8750...rd_i=306931011

Tags
aqua hot, parts