Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2021, 05:24 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Residential Refrigerator Shutting Down

Hello all. Our 2013 Tuascany 45LT has a Maytag/Whirlpool residential three door fridge. It’s shut down three times in the last few months. The compressor is off and the display lights sometimes flash or come on when touched. Sometimes they are out all together. The interior lights remain on. It seems to happen on colder mornings here in Florida. After it warms up it will cycle on and off and finally restart. Any clues on what I need to do to fix? Thanks very much for any assistance!
jacktextor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2021, 07:50 PM   #2

I went thru this last years with ours. Replacing the control board fixed the issue. Bought it on amazon, but not available now. Find the number on the board and see if you can find one online.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:14 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Dan that’s what i was figuring. �� your talking about the one in back for like $400 and not the one in front behind the control panel for like $150 correct? I haven’t found either available.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #4

Yes, the one in the back.

Mine started acting up on a trip home in 2019, then ran ok for awhile. I got to KY to work for Amazon and it quit, lites on front flashing. It would try to start, but then stop. Sometimes I could get it reset by unplugging the front control board connector located under the top left refrigerator door hinge cover. Sometimes it would reset, run for 1 or 2 days, then back to flashing.

Had a Maytag repair tech come out, he thought it was the front board. But he went online and said that there were no service kits available for either board. Basically, replace the whole thing.

Being that it is quite a job getting the unit out of the large slide I decided to wait till I returned to New Orleans at Christmas and get my son to help.

After we got it out I got the part number off the board, W10312695, and found it on Amazon for $171. Took a chance and it worked. Been doing fine since Jan 2020.

It looks like there are some on Amazon, but you will need to find the number on your board.

There are videos on the web on how to remove the board once you get the fridge out.

Good luck. I was not looking forward to trying to replace the whole unit.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:36 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Boy that sure sounds like the same issue. Maytag phone rep would only guess it was the front board. I would of chanced the $148 but can’t even find a front board. I’ll see if I can get the number off the back one and give it a try. Sure don’t want to hassle getting a new fridge in the bus. Thanks again for all your help!

Tags
refrigerator, residential refrigerator