RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Who is "we"?
"We" Infinity Coach, Sumner Wa.
InfinityJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #114

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Thanks Jim, what 2500 PSW do you have (the cheap one)?
Well, it's a good one. Just an inverter. Sunforce brand, bought it from Costco for $450.00 - ish.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #115

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had a couple of guys take the old Dometic out today and we had to dismantle and tear it apart just to get it out the door. They must have put it in thru a window or with no slide installed when they manufactured the MH. It took at least 45 minutes and a great deal of effort on their part. I failed to cover the entry way dash area and got a couple of nicks and a scratch on it. Had no idea it was going to be that bad. Someone on this thread said they took theirs out by themselves. They must have had a mobile home not a motor home.... Or a gasser with a straight out side door. A DP MH has less room to maneuver with the door near the front windshield. I'm hoping a new fridge will be easier to get in.

I went to HD and was about to order the Samsung 197 but I had them call the manufacturer to see if the wheels could be removed giving me a little more space. They said no. They said I needed 70 1/8" height which doesn't agree with the documents on it. So I'm confused as often happens.

I'm actually considering removing the front furnace under the fridge to get all the room I need.

John
zzjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #116

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzjea View Post
They said I needed 70 1/8" height which doesn't agree with the documents on it. So I'm confused as often happens.
I installed our RF197 a couple of days ago. The opening I created was 70" and it was tight but it went in. The actual box is only 69" from the bottom of the rollers to the top of the fridge box. The hinge cover/control plastic is 1" tall. If you could move the controls off the top of the fridge you could get by with 69" plus a notch in the trim for the hinges. I had the height needed so I didn't look but you might be able to shorten the plastic that covers the top hinges and contains the controls. With a little work and some wiring to extend the controls you could probably move the controls to the side.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #117

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post
Well, it's a good one. Just an inverter. Sunforce brand, bought it from Costco for $450.00 - ish.
I like buying from Costco because they back up the products they sell. But Costco doesn't sell Sunforce Inverters anymore and a lot of the reviews on Amazon are terrible. Xantrex ProWatt 2000 looks like a good choice, but a little less power for just over $400.

I ordered my Samsung R197 Platinum Stainless yesterday from HomeClick dot com. $1161 delivered. I've got a bunch of stuff under the Norcold that has to be relocated to get the additional 6-7 inches in height. Greatfully I have a brother with a cabinet shop and he'll easily crank out a professional job.

Still looking for anybody wanting a Norcold 1201 that works like new. Just come and pick it up in SoCal.
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #118

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
I like buying from Costco because they back up the products they sell. But Costco doesn't sell Sunforce Inverters anymore and a lot of the reviews on Amazon are terrible. Xantrex ProWatt 2000 looks like a good choice, but a little less power for just over $400.

I ordered my Samsung R197 Platinum Stainless yesterday from HomeClick dot com. $1161 delivered. I've got a bunch of stuff under the Norcold that has to be relocated to get the additional 6-7 inches in height. Greatfully I have a brother with a cabinet shop and he'll easily crank out a professional job.

Still looking for anybody wanting a Norcold 1201 that works like new. Just come and pick it up in SoCal.
I found it.

SUNFORCE 2500 WATT PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER

It was $464.93, which included freight delivered to my door.

When my MSW inverter/charger failed, it was the inverter that failed. The charger still works fine. I was tempted to try to figure out how to hook the Sunforce inverter into the system and use the old charger. I'm not bright enough, started getting a headache, so I ordered a new Magnum PSW inverter/charger.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #119

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by texnet View Post
I installed our RF197 a couple of days ago. The opening I created was 70" and it was tight but it went in. The actual box is only 69" from the bottom of the rollers to the top of the fridge box. The hinge cover/control plastic is 1" tall. If you could move the controls off the top of the fridge you could get by with 69" plus a notch in the trim for the hinges. I had the height needed so I didn't look but you might be able to shorten the plastic that covers the top hinges and contains the controls. With a little work and some wiring to extend the controls you could probably move the controls to the side.
Thanks for the info. This may help me.

I ordered the 197 from Home Depot today (in store) for $1118 including tax and delivery. It will be delivered on Tue.

I moved the steel plate down on top of the furnace and supported it at that level. I can still pull the furnace if needed but I can't go any lower without removing it completely. I have 69 3/4" to the ceiling. It will be tight but it sounds like the highest part is the hinge and cover. I may have to do something at the front top. I could possibly lower the front steel plate a little in the front but it's so heavy and rigid that may not be possible.

I also tore out part of the wall across from the fridge space to make it easier to get by and get it in. I will reconstruct it later (it was too narrow anyway without the new fridge). I also re-built the dolly so it is the right height to slide the new fridge in.

In my spare time I play golf, which I will do tomorrow AM.

John
Old 10-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #120

Monaco Owners Club
John,

Sure hope you are taking some photos along the journey so you can post your transition to the Samsung.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #121

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
John,

Sure hope you are taking some photos along the journey so you can post your transition to the Samsung.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Richard,

I have taken some but they are on my smartphone and I need to figure the best way to transfer them to my PC. I tend to get caught up in the challenge of the task and forget to take the photos sometime, but I do have some I will try to get posted. I usually am eager to get started on a new project and forget the before pictures. Everything is in a state of transition: carpet has been removed up to bath area and I will wait till the fridge is in before working on the new floor plus I will have to rebuild the hall wall. We did not have any trips planned until later so I have time to get it all done. And oh yes, the tile in the kitchen--- I removed one tile and it took me at least 45 minutes to get it completely removed, with some plywood too. I will hire someone to do the other 12 or more. Life's too short to fight bonded materials.

John
Old 10-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #122

JimKate:

You wont be sorry by buying the Magnum. There is a reason why those units sold @ Canadian Tire, Costco, etc. are far less expensive.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #123

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
John,

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Well I remembered how to transfer files from phone to PC via USB connection.

Here are these so so phone pictures that almost always are out of focus. I have a really good digital SLR camera but I don't take it over to the storage lot so my phone does the taking. That's a serious piece of steel for a floor.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130928_141042.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	47164   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130930_175910.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	47165  

Name:	IMG_20130930_175937.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	47166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130930_180014.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	47167  

Name:	IMG_20130930_185042.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	47168   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131002_132412.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	47169  

Name:	IMG_20131002_133430.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	47170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131002_133719.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	47171  

Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #124

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A few more pics

Here are some more of the hallway renovation. To make the hall wider.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20131002_135251.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	355.2 KB
ID:	47172   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131003_171607.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	47173  

Name:	IMG_20131003_171725.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	47174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131003_171806.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	47175  

Old 10-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #125
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzjea View Post
Richard,

I have taken some but they are on my smartphone and I need to figure the best way to transfer them to my PC. I tend to get caught up in the challenge of the task and forget to take the photos sometime, but I do have some I will try to get posted...

John
Even if you don't post photos, try to remember to document what you do with your phone or camera. Once people find out you installed a residential fridge, they will ask you questions. A picture is worth 1000 words as they say.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #126

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
How long is the power cord on the 197 and where does it start from on the back? I need to know how much I've got to work with to reach the inverter socket. Thanks.

Tags
refrigerator