Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2023, 12:35 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Roof AC replacement, now no heat option

I have three low profile penguin AC, heat pump units on my coach. I replaced the front unit with an AC only unit this summer. I just realized when I went to turn on my aqua hot heat, that there is not a furnace option on my thermostat for that zone. The only options for that zone are fan or cool. The other two zones. give options for fan, cool, heat pump, or furnace. Did I forget to connect a wire on the new unit and it is not letting my five button thermostat know there is a furnace? Maybe it has something to do with not having installed a heat pump unit this time? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Brianpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2023, 12:48 PM   #2

Might want to check the DIP switches on the unit.

One of the DIP switches on the heat pump units has to be set for furnace. Not sure about AC only units.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 02:12 PM   #3

If your new ac came with an ac only board you'll have to change it out , putting in the old board is the easiest option. The new boards don't work with the 5 buttons.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:49 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
If your new ac came with an ac only board you'll have to change it out , putting in the old board is the easiest option. The new boards don't work with the 5 buttons.

I used the old board and the dip switches were set just like before. There was a wire left over that I assumed was for the old heat pump but maybe it has something to do with the furnace option on my 5 button stat? I didn’t connect that wire to anything.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpr View Post
I used the old board and the dip switches were set just like before. There was a wire left over that I assumed was for the old heat pump but maybe it has something to do with the furnace option on my 5 button stat? I didn’t connect that wire to anything.
There is a "trigger" wire that tells the furnace what to do. Perhaps that is the wire.

Maybe look at one of the other units to figure out where to connect it.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:59 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjm View Post
There is a "trigger" wire that tells the furnace what to do. Perhaps that is the wire.

Maybe look at one of the other units to figure out where to connect it.

Thanks so much for the thought. I will give that a try.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:58 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I need to replace one of my a/c w heat pump on my 2018 tiffin phaeton 40 ih
I know there were hard to locate COVID time yesterday at Tampa rv super show I spoke w a/c booth he told me they now are back in stock slim line black 15 btu w heat pump! but can’t sell direct to me but to a manufacture or company that installs. Advice? Thanks

Tags
ace, heat, replace, replacement, roof