Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2021, 08:48 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Samsung RF18 Residential 'Fridge Issue

Has anyone installed a Samsung RF18 'fridge in their coach that has had the freezer door handle break off? Over Memorial Day we had a bunch of people down to our lake property for a cookout. Someone was putting a bag of ice in the freezer that apparently didn't known that you lift the bar and THEN pull the freezer door outward towards you. They wound up breaking the plastic insert in one end of the stainless handle so the whole handle came off.

Anybody fixed yours? Looks like a complete replacement handle assembly is about $175.00. All I need is one plastic insert not the whole bar............... Ideas? Advice?
EZRider800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2021, 10:03 PM   #2

I believe --but I'm just guessing by what you're describing-- that this is the part you need:

Samsung Refrigerator Freezer Door Handle Support DA61-08077A/3957815

Here it is through Amazon $28.60

These will fit the handles for the RF18 -series refrigerators. But again, I'm not sure if this is what you're describing or not.

Here is a generic and kind of cute video featuring kids fixing/adjusting a handle but it doesn't pertain to your situation as theirs doesn't seem to have an actual cracked end piece but just saw it as I was searching around, lol --I didn't watch it real closely but I think the screw became loosened up on theirs:

ETA: Here's a professional installation of the part I'm thinking that you're describing if you need it but it sounds as if you do not as you know the part that is broken and how it is replaced but just in case I'll post it below ...it is not of your exact model but it should be similar mechanically:
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:27 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Wow! Thanks for this response about my refrigerator handle. I'll watch these videos. I'm sure they'll help.

Thanks again!
Old 06-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yes! This is exactly the part I need to replace. Thanks for showing me these videos and a couple places to buy the pieces needed.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Did it flat out break or did the small hex screws under the handle back off. Mine did that twice and the second time I put a drop of Blue Loctite on them. (Love that stuff for use in the rattle-trap)

Tags
fridge