Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have inline filters in your water system if so did you check to see if they had sand in them? If they have no sand in them then the sand was introduced from inside the MH due to user actions which could be any one of the multitude of suggestions in the thread. Have fun figuring it out as it will take some detective work.

CHEERS
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Cruiser View Post
Do you have inline filters in your water system if so did you check to see if they had sand in them? If they have no sand in them then the sand was introduced from inside the MH due to user actions which could be any one of the multitude of suggestions in the thread. Have fun figuring it out as it will take some detective work.

CHEERS
No...no inline filters were installed by me or previous owners...yet. My "to do" list on this MH is growing faster than I can check off the projects as "done".
I think the pressure wash is a good idea...I have one of those. I'll try not to blast a hole in the bottom of the tank with it.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Shower to Black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinc View Post
I figured it just depended on where the black tank ended up. I.E. depending on the unit layout and the plumbing, it was sometimes easier to route the shower or bathroom sink to the black tank rather than the grey tank.
I love it! I mean, in our coach, the grey water tank tells occupants it is 3/4 full by blocking the primary vent and "burping" into the coach.

Then, if that fails to get your attention, the shower pan fills once the grey tank reaches capacity.

Last, if THAT fails, you slosh walking to the kitchen.

Now, can you imagine hopping into the shower with it hooked to the black tank and becoming full? OMG... And, to think you enjoyed the sensation of mud squishing 'tween your toes, as a kid!
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
My MH plumbs only the toilet into the black tank, 55gal. Same was true with my last one, a Lazydaze, 18gal. This one has a factory installed fresh water washer system in the black tank. Love it ! Just turn a valve and it cleans itself.

The toilet has a 'bend' in the pipe below the flush valve, I can see it. So....I could not use a wand, even if I wanted too.

For those of you that have a wand, I used one on the Lazydaze, and drilled a 1/8" hole on the end to spray straight down, so it would clean the bottom of the tank. Why they didn't have a hole there boogles the mind.

First thing for OP to do is find out if grey also goes into black.

Any sand that came in thru freshwater system would show up in faucets.

Guess this thread has played out.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
I can't figure out how I ended up with a lot of sand coming out of the black water tank when dumping. It may have been in there since I bought the MH.
The MH does not have a filter for fresh-water tank filling. The sand has already destroyed one set of seals in the black water dump valve. Does anyone have any ideas how this could happen?
My motorhome does not have a filter for the fresh water tank fill either or for the black tank flush. So this may explain why there is sand in the black tank.
http://www.cvwd.org/news/publication...d,conserve.pdf
The city I used to live in got most of their water from wells and I would find sand collecting in the toilet tank.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #48

Good stuff, Guys! You have made me think a lot more than I would have otherwise. Some real thoughtful comments!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill
A good reason to use an inline filter. Cheap insurance.
If you have that much sand coming in, you need to find another water source. I'm sure on any dune trip, I have more sand going down my shower than could possibly come in a water supply line. And with all the sand I eat following my buddies thru the dunes, I probably have almost as much going into my black tank.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wondering if you use black tank treatment chemicals and what they turn into.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #51

What what turns into?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water