Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Screw on sewer connectors

Does anyone have any experience with the Valterra screw on sewer fittings? I replaced the existing sewer hose with a Valterra triple wrapped hose and had a difficult time inserting it over the existing sewer fittings. It was a very tight fit and ended up not using the rubber band seal which worked but had to really tighten the worm clamp to get it to seal. Eventually got everything sealed but not at all confident with the connection. I am considering replacing the 2 end fittings with the Valterra screw on fittings but not sure how leak proof they are. Comments welcome.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #2

have used the valterra fittings and after 6 months they leaked. put clamps on and that stopped the leaks. i bought new hoses with the fittings attached at the factory and will be using them to see how they work?
tom wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you dip the end of the sewer hose in very hot water for a minute or two, it should expand enough to slip over the sewer fitting.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a Rinoflex.. It has screw on fittings too, the only caution I would have (This should apply to Valterra as well) is check them EVERY time you hook up. I have had mine unscrew a couple of times.. Thankfully it fell apart in my hand as I was hooking up...not later.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for all the good tips. Really appreciate it.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
After 6 1/2 years of trying just about all brands, I have settled on the Valtera fittings. You do have to turn them until you get the hose really bunched up at the top.
I got no leaks at all with two hoses coupled together even if the hose is laying on the ground with water in collecting in low spots.

Last winter after staying in an AZ RV park that did not allow the hose to rest on the ground, I bought a "slinky" dealie that holds it up and provides drop to the sewer inlet so low spots aren't problem now. But when they were a problem the Valtera fittings worked great.

Wish I had bought the slinky years ago, I use it all the time now.