Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #1

SeaLevel One Tank Indicator

I need a little help. I have a 2007 Country coach Inspire which has the SeaLevel 1 tank indicator. I am having a problem with the propane gauge indicator. I have gone thru the owner’s manual and completed the re set process but still have the red Indicators on each end of the scale. I went outside today and opened the bay where the tank is located in hopes of finding something obvious and found an electric cable with a plug on the end which was not connected. The logical answer is that the cable needs to be plugged in but I cannot find where that would be. There is absolutely nothing else in the bay that would require a 12 volt connection. There is a cover that is fastened to the bay floor in front of the tank that indicates there is a valve inside. The cover has never been removed and appears to be as it was when it came from the factory. My question is how is the tank supposed to be connected to receive the signal?

TIA
Dick
Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #2

I don't know the answer to your question but I had the factory, Garnet Technologies, in Granbury, TX, install mine a while back. Nice people and they can be reached at 877-668-7813. I bet they could talk you through it, answer any questions you have. Like I said, nice folks. Good luck!
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radams View Post
I don't know the answer to your question but I had the factory, Garnet Technologies, in Granbury, TX, install mine a while back. Nice people and they can be reached at 877-668-7813. I bet they could talk you through it, answer any questions you have. Like I said, nice folks. Good luck!
Bob..

Thanks for your reply. I did call them but all he could suggest was the possibility of a bad ground. Of course, at that time he didn't know I did not have a gauge You are right they are very nice to deal with.

I went over to my neighbors rig and asked if he had a system.similar to mine. When we opened I immediately saw the cable identical to the one I mentioned in my original post except his was connected to a tank level gauge on the exterior of the tank. Somehow the entire gauge had come loose and fallen out the bottom of the bay. I have never had to fill the tank before due to the fact that the only item in the coach that uses propane is the cook top, and once in a great while the refrigerator.

Thanks for their # I will keep it handy.

Dick
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #4

I'm glad to hear that you got to the bottom of it. You were real fortunate to find someone near that had a similar system, weren't you? I'll have to try your technique the next time something breaks for me. Which, based on my experience, probably won't be too long from now.
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by radams View Post
I'm glad to hear that you got to the bottom of it. You were real fortunate to find someone near that had a similar system, weren't you? I'll have to try your technique the next time something breaks for me. Which, based on my experience, probably won't be too long from now.
I thought I had it solved. All I had to do was get a new gauge. Long story short I have been on the phone most of the day and on the internet. I cannot find anyone who has one or knows where I can get a new gauge.

I need the screw on type with the remote sensor to be able to hook up to my SeaLevel 1 tank indicator. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have talked to Manchester the tank Mfg and to Garnet who makes the
SeaLevel monitor. I even tried Country Coach in Oregon

Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
BigD2, I think you are looking for this one: NEW HORIZONTAL PROPANE TANK SNAP-ON SENDING UNIT/ GAUGE | eBay
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
BigD2, I think you are looking for this one: NEW HORIZONTAL PROPANE TANK SNAP-ON SENDING UNIT/ GAUGE | eBay
Yes that is the one. I ordered it the same day you sent the post. I received it today and both wires coming from the unit are black. The wires from the coach are green and black. Can you think of a good way to test to determine which wire on the gauge is the ground??

Thanks for the heads up on Ebay

Dick
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd2 View Post
Yes that is the one. I ordered it the same day you sent the post. I received it today and both wires coming from the unit are black. The wires from the coach are green and black. Can you think of a good way to test to determine which wire on the gauge is the ground??

Thanks for the heads up on Ebay

Dick

Dick, it doesn't matter which wire goes to green or black. The sending unit is a magnetically operated variable resistor, (from the in-tank float), and the resistor doesn't care which end of it is the ground. Works either way.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank