Last trip of the year in 2021 revealed that our Sharp R-1874 convection microwave was inop. Weíve had our rig in for the replacement of the second ac since 1 May (the first was replaced last summer), and just got it back so started troubleshooting the microwave.
- Breaker not tripped
- 120v voltage at outlet
- disassembled microwave panel, fuse checked OK
- A+B+C = microwave is shot.
Itís a 2005, so I have no problem believing it has reached itís useful life.
So I order a new unit from Home Depot ($600) itís here in 24 hours, so I go to install it today. Step 1, I plug the unit in, start the gen, and no joy - no power. So I go back to troubleshooting
- breaker not tripped
- instead of my multimeter, I insert a plug-in voltage meter to the outlet (itjust shows volts), NO VOLTAGE
- I plug in the tester to other outlets and they all show 120 v
- I plug back in to the microwave outlet, and no voltage. I twist the tester to pull it out and 120v indicated!?!
It appears the outlet is bad with an intermittent fault. Would have been nice to have figured this out before buying the new unit, but who is going to second guess a Fluke multimeter?
Iíll be replacing the outlet tomorrow, but lesson learned