Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Sleep number bingo

Our MH came with a Sleep Number bed. Lately it randomly changes the number on both sides. Just this week DW sets her side to 45, I set mine to 65 we have woke up to 10 on her side 5 on mine and this morning I found mine at 95 another day both were off but I forget what numbers.

I have not dug out the instructions yet cause guys don't read instructions unless absolutely necessary Any one else having this problem?
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Was any altitude changes made after selecting a sleep number? Were changes made while laying on the bed or just standing next to it?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
Was any altitude changes made after selecting a sleep number? Were changes made while laying on the bed or just standing next to it?
Parked in same spot so no altitude change. I think we have reset in both while on it and standing next to it. Is one better than the other?

I checked mine last night and it was set at 65, this morning it is at 35.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does the mattress feel softer when the numbers change downward? I have found that the numbers on the remote are not always accurate. I can push the up or down arrow and it will jump all over the board. I now use the numbers as a beginning point and use the feel as the final determination.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post
Does the mattress feel softer when the numbers change downward? I have found that the numbers on the remote are not always accurate. I can push the up or down arrow and it will jump all over the board. I now use the numbers as a beginning point and use the feel as the final determination.
When it decides it needs a low number and we set to to our choice I can feel it pump up. When it decides it needs a high number and we change it to our choice I can feel it deflate. Once it is at my setting I'm happy with it.

You are right about not using the numbers though. It would work better if you didn't even look at them and just went up and down till it felt right.

Now we never know if we will wake up on fluff or cement
Old 11-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In my coach I have a breadmaker.. I know, what does THIS have to do with your problem.. Normally I plug it in, select the cycle I need, Dump the stuff in the pan and install pan, push the start button and when it's done I push END to shut it off......

Sometimes, when I wake up in the AM the lights are all flashing.. Just like they do when first plugged in.

What causes this? Power "Flicker" in the night of course.. My Inverter covers the television gear and the converter and batteries the lights so I really never notice.. But the Bread Maker is plugged into a heater outlet (20 amp, non inverter, special installed for a space heater) and thus is sensitive to shore power flickers.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mine will slowly deflate over time (a month or more), but not overnight.

Assume you have a leak in one of the lines or fittings between the pump and the bed. Have you tried spraying a mixture of 50% water and 50% dish soap on the lines and fittings looking for bubbles?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Mine will slowly deflate over time (a month or more), but not overnight.

Assume you have a leak in one of the lines or fittings between the pump and the bed. Have you tried spraying a mixture of 50% water and 50% dish soap on the lines and fittings looking for bubbles?
This morning it was still right where I set it. Weird.

Will definitely look for leaks it it starts the nonsense again.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Parked in same spot so no altitude change. I think we have reset in both while on it and standing next to it. Is one better than the other?

I checked mine last night and it was set at 65, this morning it is at 35.
Was told by Sleep Number Customer Service years ago to have both people lay on mattress then adjust it.

Ours acts as a weather station! Sometimes settings change with large swings in barometric pressure as a cold front moves through the area. Same as a change in altitude while traveling.

Had to purchase a new pump 10 months ago. Old pump had the wired remotes and one of them no longer displayed all segments of either digit. Cost of new pump assy was prorated, even after almost 5 yrs. New pump assy comes with one wireless remote to control either half. Works ok, bit better than old system.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I talked to customer service. Way out of warranty but they were happy to try to help. He suggested setting both sides, unplugging the pump and sleeping on it a couple of nights to see if we can feel any difference. Great idea except the pump is buried somewhere under bed and the plywood is screwed down. Maybe I can find what breaker it is on and if nothing else on it is needed, turn it off. He was surprised that the pressure went up and suspected a defective pump.

I will take the plywood off and try the unplug or breaker route first. If it turns out to be the pump we will have to think about replacing it or getting a regular good mattress since we aren't that thrilled with it.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my setup the pump is under the head of the bed and hidden behind plywood. But the cord comes through a hole in the plywood and plugs into an outlet under the bed where we can see it when we lift up the bed. If yours is this way, you could unplug the plug without taking apart the plywood.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post
On my setup the pump is under the head of the bed and hidden behind plywood. But the cord comes through a hole in the plywood and plugs into an outlet under the bed where we can see it when we lift up the bed. If yours is this way, you could unplug the plug without taking apart the plywood.
Thanks Doug, I was hopeful but took a look and do not see a plug. When lifting up the bed there is a storage for extra folding dinette chairs on one side and a solid panel on the other. It looks like the panel is on with four screws so that might be a place to start. The tubing and control wires come out from the head of the bed through the plywood like yours. Looks to be a monster PIA to remove that.