Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2021, 07:39 PM   #1

Slider Motor Wiring

I would like to restore the slider motor wiring in my 1999 Pinnacle to its original configuration. When the motor failed, I discovered a “patch” that consisted of a pair of wires running from the house batteries to the switch on the dash, and another pair of wires running from the switch to the motor. The dash switch is a momentary DPDT that serves to reverse the polarity (and thus reverses the motor).

The wires from the switch to the slider motor were simply run underneath the chassis, in what was probably meant to be a temporary work-around. Where these wires meet the motor, they are simply spliced into the existing wiring, which is two #10 wires that come out of the main wiring harness that runs the length of the coach.

So far, I have yet to find where the #10 wires lead, but clearly these wires either went to the switch, or, perhaps a relay controlled by the switch.

My basic question is: what would the original circuit have looked like?
Would the original circuit have used a relay, or did most manufacturers simply wire the switch in series with the motor? Also, would the Intellitec battery control center be part of the circuit?

Assuming they have continuity, I would prefer to go back to the original wiring, and do away with the work-around. Any info on this would be appreciated, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7635.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	346473  
Grsousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2021, 01:15 AM   #2

Battery power in most cases would be protected by a 20 amp fuse and the circuit would look like this .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6_terminal_Toggle_Diagram (1).gif
Views:	4
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	346486  
Old 10-19-2021, 01:47 AM   #3

So, no relay, just power to the switch, and then onto the motor?
Any ideas as to where those original wires show up in the front end of the RV?
Old 10-19-2021, 10:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsousa View Post
So, no relay, just power to the switch, and then onto the motor?
Any ideas as to where those original wires show up in the front end of the RV?
The diagram I posted was representative of the way my 2005 5er was wired for slide control . I've worked on RVs with a reversing relay pack and others with control modules like my current coach . I cannot say where a relay pack or a controller would be on your RV ; but I don't believe it would be part of the BCC .
In the paper I have on BCC ( although there could be other systems by BCC part number ) I don't see a slide power 12 volt circuit breaker or fuse listed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BCC Mini gas 2.pdf (475.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-22-2021, 03:29 AM   #5

Thanks, Skip, I really appreciate the replies.

Tags
motor, slide, wiring