Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2021, 11:35 AM   #1
YC1

Splendide 170 degree snap disc

Anyone cross reference this expensive snap disc?

Sheesh, $45 each and I need two of course. Found a supplier and have not contacted the mfgr yet but I suspect they are gold there as well.

This is a simple 170 degree C snap disc. It is normally closed and opens on overheating of unit.

Our dryer is a Splendide 2100, circa 2008. It has been used a lot as we full time.

I usually keep the lint build up out so that should not have contributed to the demise. Strange that this has two of them in series and they both failed.

I will troubleshoot further but want to get these parts without mortgaging my home.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2021, 11:46 AM   #2

There should be markings on it with specs. Is there a picture or part number you can share?
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:15 PM   #3

170*C === 338*F

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Thermo.../dp/B07L96YTSS

That kind of snap disc???

Source for T-stat/controllers
https://climate.emerson.com/en-us/pr...imetal-sensing
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
YC1

Thanks for you help. The information was on it as shown in the post. The mfgr part number is 080767.

Old Biscuit has come to the rescue. I tried for an hour to come up with something on Amazon but kept coming up with things that were weeks out. I had them sorted at Newark and their system was not allowing cc orders at this time. Go figure.

The one shown by Old Biscuit should work. I may have to tweak the mounting tabs a bit but for the price it is worth the try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Splendide thermal snap disc.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	338460  

Old 08-05-2021, 04:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
170*C === 338*F

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Thermo.../dp/B07L96YTSS

That kind of snap disc???

Source for T-stat/controllers
https://climate.emerson.com/en-us/pr...imetal-sensing

This would probably work fine. Here is the one with the terminals bent in the direction that was shown for Splendide. https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Thermo.../dp/B07L96BSC9
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:51 PM   #6
YC1

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. As usual, this group comes through.

Some are not available quickly so I opted to at least try the horizontal tabbed ones. I can at least continue my troubleshooting.

It is a bit odd that both of these went out. They are in series with each other so one going out would simply remove the load from the other.

Being an electronic tech as a professional for almost 50 years there is very little that surprises me.

I have seen all kinds of strange things.

The Splendide is tucked in a cabinet on a shelf so servicing it is a bear. I managed to slide it out and take the top off. The top came off easily so access was a treat. I expected to have to take it out after removing the commode but so far with fingers crossed it might be back in action tomorrow.

Gotta love Amazon Prime.

Tags
splendide