Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2020, 01:22 PM   #1

Splendide 2000 Washer / Dryer door stopped opening

It seems like the electric latch stopped functioning correctly, will no longer open, I investigated a bit about bypassing it.

It has two white wires on the bottom and a red / blue / brown on the top.

Has anyone else experienced this issue its a wd802m

Thanks again
adamcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2020, 05:26 PM   #2

Well if anyone was reading this i sort of found a solution, while messing with the switch on the inside i snapped the bottom half with the two wires off, it seems removable but as soon as i did the the latch released.

If i leave that portion off it will engage and disengage properly....

I assume something internal to the switch failed maybe the solenoid mechanism protruding out of the bottom portion.
adamcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #3

It's been about 15 years since I owned one of those combo units, but as I recall, the door is actually latched by a heating element. That being the case, you may not have a latch issue, but a control board/timer issue.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:12 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
My door latch actually had a mechanical failure. I was able to remove the latch and took a dremel tool to grind off the plastic latching mechanism and reinstalled. Works great now now we just have to remember not to open door while in washing machine mode. Might have been able to bypass switch but this method seemed faster.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:49 PM   #5

Splendide 2000 WD802 door lock failure

This WD is our 2002 Winnebago Ultimate Adventure that we purchased used a year ago. We used the WG combo twice at the most but preparing for a 5 week trip the door lock stayed locked. They seem to have built the RV around the washer so pulling it out to work on would require major cabinet work! I used a hold saw to make a 3 inch hole next to the latch. This was unnecessary in hind site! It helped ZERO. So I started using a screw driver trying to pry the door open near the latch. In pulling on the door, the out chrome ring snapped off like it's supposed to. This exposed the latch workings and I was able to pry the latch to get the door open. Two screws hold the solenoid lock in place and I removed and pulled the electric lock assemble out the 3 inch hole. I left it wired but have no intention of spending over $100 to replace something I find totally foolish! I reassembled the door and it latches as tightly as before. The minor imposition is that you hold the latch in the opening position while closing the door as the strike plate was removed as it was screwed to hold the lock solenoid in place.
billott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:40 AM   #6

Splendide combo door remaining unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy125 View Post
My door latch actually had a mechanical failure. I was able to remove the latch and took a dremel tool to grind off the plastic latching mechanism and reinstalled. Works great now now we just have to remember not to open door while in washing machine mode. Might have been able to bypass switch but this method seemed faster.
If I were you, I’d make a big label notice in a bright color to remind everyone NOT to try and open the Splendide machine anytime the machine is RUNNING and washing, rinsing, spinning, etc. Your machine should be labeled for your own good and to keep the inside of your RV DRY! I have a problem with our older Splendide causing the electrical breaker to trip anytime the DRYiNG CYCLE tries to come on. The plug-in electric cord begins to warm and trips the breaker. That safety feature works well! But right now I have no idea WHY it’s acting up.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so and it was repaired, how did you fix this? Thx!
Thomm85n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:32 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomm85n View Post
If I were you, I’d make a big label notice in a bright color to remind everyone NOT to try and open the Splendide machine anytime the machine is RUNNING and washing, rinsing, spinning, etc. Your machine should be labeled for your own good and to keep the inside of your RV DRY! I have a problem with our older Splendide causing the electrical breaker to trip anytime the DRYiNG CYCLE tries to come on. The plug-in electric cord begins to warm and trips the breaker. That safety feature works well! But right now I have no idea WHY it’s acting up.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so and it was repaired, how did you fix this? Thx!
I don’t believe I would try to open the door while it’s in the wash cycle and if I was to error a label probably wouldn’t stop me from making that mistake. As for your breaker tripping the power cord might have loose connection internally.

Tags
door, splendide