RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
NXR

Splendide 2100XC F13 error code (overheat on Dry cycle) - new cleaning procedure

The Low Heat, Pre Wash, Low Spin, Dry and LOCK light are all blinking.

There is a procedure floating about that talks about using 1 cup of white vinegar and running certain cycles. I just had this happen and Westland/Splendide replied with their usual speedy response and gave an updated procedure.

I ran it and it worked. Whew.

We were noticing that a wet bath towel was no longer fully dry after a 20-minute run on cycle #5. I also had just noticed that the outside vent flapper door was no longer fully opening when the dryer was running. It was maybe 1/3rd to 1/2 open and not as much lint was getting stuck to the outside of the RV. Now the flapper door is fully open again and I expect to see a lot of lint stuck to the outside again.

----------

This is the better version of what you saw and it works, try it.

F-13 XC POSSIBLE SOLUTION
  • Open the big door and add one tablet of Affresh Washer Cleaner to the tub. You will only need to use this product once at first. No clothes, set the DRY TIME to Off and set it to cycle #11.

Close the door and then press Start.

When the water stops entering the unit, RESET the unit by pushing and holding the Start button until all the lights come on and then release the button.

*NOTE: If the water is not at least 1/3 up the glass repeat this step until you do see the water 1/3rd up the glass door. Then reset the machine again by holding Start button in until all the lights come on then release button.

Ray note: I had to reset it once to add more water and then had to stop the water add using the reset procedure because it clearly was going to go way past 1/3rd up the glass.

• Move the cycle knob to cycle # 12, press the Start button once (do not hold), and then let it run until it stops tumbling. Reset the machine by holding the Start button again until all of the lights come on.

Ray note: Cycle #12 takes just under four minutes. It adds more water until the water is about half way up the glass.

• Move cycle selector knob to Drain, press Start and let it drain the tub, which take about two minutes.

Ray note: "Drain" is in small print and to the left of #1

• Once door is unlocked open door and wipe any lint off of internal surfaces with a paper towel. Close the door.

You're are now ready to start the next phase over again by repeating these steps three times.

Note: Once this is done 3 times then try the dryer. Note: you only need one tablet of the Affresh.

----------

There was a LOT of lint deposited inside after the first run and very little after the third run.

Home Depot seems to stock the AFFRESH cleaner: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Affresh-...1250/206447083

Apparently you're supposed to run this cleaning procedure about once a month when using the washer/dryer frequently. I could not find such a procedure in the manual, though.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lint after run 1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	274996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lint on door after run 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	274997  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Printed and filed with the washer instructions for future use.

Thanks

bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #3
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Printed and filed with the washer instructions for future use.
Glad you found it of interest. We've run a few loads through it since the cleaning and the drying is back to where we remember it was. Three heavy bath towels were coming out of a 120-minute dry cycle noticeably damp. Last night the same three towels came out of the 80-minute dry cycle completely dry and fluffy. A single heavy bath towel comes out totally dry after 20 minutes again.

We've had three to four months of almost daily use before the cleaning. So a cleaning every month or two while on the road would be appropriate.

Ray
Old 02-14-2020, 12:29 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for that. This procedure sounds like it takes far less time than the former.
Our 2100XC is 12 y/o and has thrown us 3 failures in the past year. Over the 8 years we’ve owned it, it has been well behaved, but we have spent several C$$$ on repairs, even on a DIY basis. Now it is down again with what I believe is a control board failure. I could DIY it again, but we’re thinking perhaps it’s time for a total replacement.
JFXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:20 AM   #5
NXR

This is our first so I read a lot on how people liked/disliked them. Most people seemed to consider replacing them, oddly, after roughly 12 years due to problems.

Be certain to replace the hoses every five years or so as the manual states. I had a hose develop a pinhole leak on the washer at home and it made a real mess.

If I ever have to pull this thing I'm going to look for a plastic tray to set it in to help contain the mess if something does leak. I'm hoping a tray for a residential hot water tank will fit. I wouldn't plumb it into a drain and just use a wet/dry vac to empty it. Those trays should hold a few gallons of water that would otherwise make a massive mess even messier.

FWIW,

Ray

Tags
heat, splendide