Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer problem

I have a 2010 Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, Model WO 2100XG. The problem is the unit will quit just prior to the spin/dry cycle. The clothes are still very wet. The door lock RED light will flash along with the GREEN spin cycle light. I believe this means that I have a problem with the wire(power); circuit board; or motor. I can clear the lights by holding down the start button. Sometimes I can restart it again but it usually quits at the same part of the cycle. Has anybody else had the same symptoms? If so, what was the fix?

Knightly
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A call to splendid will help. I called them with an issue and they knew exactly what the issue was and $320 later I am back in service.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #3

X 2 for Splendide service. Google them they are in Clackamas Oregon. It sounds like it may be the pressure switch is not sensing the water level properly or there is a hole in the tube that comes from the bottom of the drum to the pressure switch . They will know right away and send you the part and instructions.

Geoff
Old 12-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi Knightly,
I purchased a 2013 Allegro about 2 months ago and the washer/dryer is the same as yours and we had the same issue and we were on a trip for a month and didn't get to use it because I still had a warranty from the dealer so when we got back I took it to them and wouldn't you know the darn thing worked fine and I haven't tried it since then because I winterized everything when we got back home.Sorry I couldn't help.Good Luck.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Had the same problem and it was the pump motor.

We replaced motor and pump and it works great now.

We use this Splendide nearly every day so it gets a good work out.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Knightly.... Have you got a copy of the Splendide tech manual? It will give you the error codes, which are displayed by the lights you described plus the four green cycle lights. I believe the manual is available at the Splendide site, but if not I can send it when I get home.

I've had events such as you described in the past, and they always related to the internal lint filter. When this starts getting blocked it will impede the drying function until it finally forces a stoppage. There is a fairly easy preventive procedure to keep the lint filter clean.

Good luck!

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:26 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No, I do not have a Splendide tech manual. I did not see it on their website. I have the parts break down manual, that's it. It would be appreciated if you could send the tech manual. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
If anyone is in the Chicago area i am selling mine. Same one and it is brand new, used once and worked great,still has tags on it. I am asking 650.00. please let me know at martinobill179@gmail.com
MARTINOBILL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #9

Try this link for the manuals you need. I think the training manual gives you all the info on installation troubleshooting and repair.

Geoff

Splendide Combo Washer Dryer Technical Education Site
Old 12-24-2015, 07:19 AM   #10

Knightly

did you get your manual and where you able to find and fix the problem?

Geoff
Old 12-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To: Alpinedrvr Yes, I was able to download the manual which is very informative however no luck identifying my problem. The machine will complete a couple of loads in a row then suddenly quite half way through a cycle. There are numerous possible causes of this problem listed in the manual. I have an RV tech. coming on Monday to fix my heat pump problem and he also is familiar with the Splendide combos. I will let you know what happens. In the meantime, thanks for the link, I am sure it will help at some point.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #12

Hope your guy finds the problem.. If not then call Splendide support and they will find the problem. Let us know how it turns out.

Geoff
Old 12-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To Alpinedrvr: The repair guy has rescheduled the repair on my heat pump for tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10AM. In the meantime our combo has worked two out of three times. He stated that if it is the board, I can expect to pay about $400 for a new one!! Combined with his labour, the cost of repairs could be more then half the cost of a new machine. An option would be to use it until it quits completely. By the way, I called Splendide support when I first had the problem. The tech advised me at that time that it was either a loose wire, the board or the motor. He did not explain how to isolate the problem so it wasn't much help. I will continue to update this thread, thanks.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:33 AM   #14

I am really surprised the tech at Splendide was not helpful. Maybe you got a newbie! Try again and you should get a tech that knows what he is talking about. He should be able to give more specific info than "maybe a wire" etc. If he doesn't know which wire it could be ask for another tech. By the time you read this your repair guy may have already found the problem!

Geoff
BTW I'm from Nanaimo