Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Splendide gone crazy

The other day, on a different thread, I commented that our Splendide has worked fine until recently troubled with a inop. dryer element. Well ,that has really changed!

My DW was washing a load the other day when I noticed moisture on the floor. Investigation revealed a small stream of water coming out the bottom of the washer door. Furhter investigation revealed the washer drum FULL of water. I shut it down and recycled to spin. After a few attempts, we finally got the water out of the drum. I ran a couple of rinse cycles to get rid of the soap in the clothes. We took the clothes out and noticed they were covered with lint and tree leaf segments. Inspection of the washer revealed large amounts of lint in the folds of the drum front seal. I guess it had been building up in there over the years.

What really got our attention was the fact that the water never shut off and was actually being forced out the dryer vent!

By now, the mother board was really mad at us. It took numerous attempts of proper recycling to get the washer back to where it worked normally (excluding the dryer element).

Since the incident, we have washed about a dozen loads with no problems. However, we keep a close eye on it.

I plan on taking the closet shelf back out(washer top access) and double check the pressure switch for a clogged pressure tube.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to deadeye916
Gonna go check mine when the load is done. We have the 2100XC model and I have had problems with the exhaust port getting clogged with lint but never thought to check the seal on the inside.

Do you use fabric softener on every load?
Do you run a cycle with vinegar once a month?

The manufacturer told us to do that but it didn't seem to help with the exhaust getting plugged so can't help but wonder if it would help prevent my machine from suffering from the same issue you have with yours...
deadeye916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye916 View Post
Gonna go check mine when the load is done. We have the 2100XC model and I have had problems with the exhaust port getting clogged with lint but never thought to check the seal on the inside.

Do you use fabric softener on every load?
Do you run a cycle with vinegar once a month?

The manufacturer told us to do that but it didn't seem to help with the exhaust getting plugged so can't help but wonder if it would help prevent my machine from suffering from the same issue you have with yours...

We do use fabric softner and we have never run vinegar through the machine. If that is in the maintenance schedule, we missed it.

With regard to lint build up. During the past year, our drying time has increased. We noticed that the dryer vent door was not opening as far as it used to. This was an indication of lower air flow. The external vent tube was reasonably clean, but, I got a good quantity of lint out when I put a bottle brush into the machine vent outlet. Also, we discovered a ball of lint in the dryer outlet. This is located at approximately the 1 o'clock postion just inside the door. This cleared up the air flow problem. Alas, the dryer heat element went out shortly afterwards.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to deadeye916
Yep, on my model there is a rubber tube between the drum and where the dryer hose connects on the back. The rubber tube has 2 each 90 degree bends that love to catch lint. About every 6 months I pull the machine out, take the top and rear cover off, and remove the rubber tube and clean it out with soap and water.

The vinegar routine was suggested to me by the Splendide folks. I don't think it helps much, and I doubt it hurts anything either. I did inspect my dryer and I do not see any lint build-up on the seal. I doubt it is because of the vinegar
deadeye916 is offline   Reply With Quote