Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2022, 05:49 AM   #1

Tank Level circuit board replacement

Does anyone know where I can order one of these? The tank level buttons seem to not light up the lights, ( they do on occasion intermittently ). Its def not a fuse or loose wire.
Thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tlevel2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	364924   Click image for larger version

Name:	tanklevel1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	364925  

spleeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2022, 04:33 AM   #2

More than likely your problem isn’t the board - it’s that your tank sensors are coated with “muck” (for lack of a better word).

You can - after insuring your tanks are empty - access the sensors and either clean or replace them, or you can do a YouTube search on “poo pyramid” or “the Geo method” to get your sensors cleaned up.
Using the Geo method will takes time, it won’t fix your problem over night or in 2-3 days. But it will eventually break the “muck” off the sensor.

You can also test if the sensors are at fault -

First, assuming the sensors tank sensors are accessible - connect a jumper wire from the bottom tank sensor to one of the remaining sensors for the same tank. Then depress the levels button for that tank.
A light for that tank and sensor level should now light up as bright as it was intended to light.

The way these level systems work is they rely on the conductivity of the fluid in the tank. The bottom sensor is at either ground or battery potential, and as the fluid fills the tank and comes into contact with the next sensor, a current flows through the fluid and back to the control board circuitry and turns on the light for that level.
If the sensors are “coated”, then the resistance will be too high to allow enough current to flow to light the light.

The Geo method will help solve this.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:02 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, MrMark52
The Black seems to work 90% of the time. The others not at all...unless I takeit apart and push these buttons or wiggle them around. But completely assembled ...nothing. Ill prolly just go with the Sea Level but I wanted to give a new board a try first if it was easy to purchase.
As far as the sensors being coated it certainly is possible. But Ive always done my best to keep them clean...using products with clean water for the drive home after emptying, etc.
spleeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:25 AM   #4

For a 2019 coach I wouldn’t think the board has already had a component failure.

From your statement “ ...unless I takeit apart and push these buttons or wiggle them around.” tells me you either have a wiring/connector issue or it’s possible those button switches are of a low grade quality. Replacements are pretty cheap and can be easily installed.
But my bet would be on a bad ground bond wire connection at the board, followed by bad button switches (due to internal tarnish), followed by fouled/tarnished sensors.

I guess my bottom line is my bottom line won’t support the high cost of SeeLevels relative to what I see others who have them still have issues.

Good Luck in your search or replacement! :smile:

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, tank