Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #1

Unhappy Thetford Toilet

I am a new member to this forum. Hope I am putting this in the right place.

I have a Thetford Model: SH Aqua Magic toilet. I am new to rv seen. So that is why I am here. I wanted to know if it is best to replace toilet are repair it. The toilet I have looks like it needs a whole rebuild. The toilet blade will not shut all the way. I stuffed a rag in it to keep sewer gas from coming up from the black tank.
dpf1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #2

You'll need to pull the toilet up to repair it. You can get a Thetford for around 150-175.
Parts aren't terribly expensive.
Is it worth it to you to fix or just replace?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with it whichever choice you make.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
What type MH/RV are we talking about? If it is in good shape.
I have almost the same toytie a 1982 Thetford Model: SH/SA Aqua Magic toilet. We watched a video on repairs to it and it was a breeze. 2 Bolts to remove off floor and the hook ups take outside and give it a good cleaning I used Bleach white for tires and it worked great just like a new toytie, replace the Flush valve is all there's too it. buy a new floor Flange and try working the foot lever to see if you can get the seal to reseal spray a little wd40 or a lube of some sort on it and let it sit awhile working it in with the floor lever. I think total was around 35 bucks for all parts except for that seal. If I remember you can go to Thetford and watch a repair video I am pretty sure.
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #5

You don't know where thats been! My wife on our last rig demanded that the broken toilet just be replaced. I installed a comfort height one in its place and it was the best choice for me. Wife got the one she wanted, I did less work and she never has to wonder whose dirt she is cleaning.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #6

1997 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision

Thanks everyone for your replays on my toilet questions. I will way all the options and see what is best for me. I will read all the post sent my way.

1997 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision
dpf1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Your wrong I do know where that toyie has been. A very respectable couple that owned it for 28 years. I did wear gloves in backyard, garden hose Bleach white and Dawn in the end.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford