Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2020, 03:42 AM   #1

Toilet or Blackwater tank clogged! 😣

I'm a newbie here. We just purchased a 2018 Montego Bay, 5th wheel Toy Hauler.( no owners manual, so we r still learning) Ive read and seen YouTube videos on how to unclog and flush the black water tank. However, water came back from the tank, or water wouldn't go down and then there was spillage from the toilet onto the bathroom floor, which then leaked to the undercabin storage. Purchased a wand, to attach a hose and spray inside the toilet to get to the Blackwater tank, but water just kept filling up inside the toilet. We then purchased a Dual Flush Gadget and nothing. We also let the water on in the septic flush system to see something would happen. Water is not going into the black tank from the toilet. It will drip slowly but if we try the hot water method it will overflow the toilet and spill into the floor. We must be doing it wrong and the smell is.. 😩. At this point, if there is a pyramid of " Adobe clay poop ", what professionals do we call to have it fixed.? Has anyone encountered this serious clog? Not to mention the smell :'(. Thank u.
Jerrylecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2020, 04:56 AM   #2

How about one of these? Is called a toilet auger, and I've used it on home toilets often. (I have 7 kids) shoot be able to clear the obstruction between the toilet and the tank. Good luck!Click image for larger version

Name:	husky-drain-snakes-82-972-111-64_600.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	311487
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:53 AM   #3

Deleted.
Ndrorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:58 AM   #4

[QUOTE=How about one of these? Is called a toilet auger, and I've used it on home toilets often.[/QUOTE]

Even a straight stick will work on some toilet setups.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:15 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You did open the right dump valve?
robertkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:46 AM   #6

I would start by opening all the dump valves to be sure you have the correct one. If the level does not go down try the tank flusher (if you have one) and see if anything flows out. If this happened quickly AND you have the correct tank open I would guess that there is a plug in the drop pipe. Try using your wand (without the water turned on) and work it up and down. If the wand is not long enough try a piece of pex pipe.
If the toilet is over flowing, stop adding water until you get something flowing out the drain hose.
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #7

Are you sure that the toilet valve is fully opening and letting the toilet contents drop into the tank? The valve can get stuck and then not open fully (or at all)

The flush lever/foot pedal is a two-stage thing - the first stage lets water flow into the toilet, and pushing/pulling the lever all the way allows it to flow into the tank.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

You could try the Happy Camper Extreme tank treatment. If that doesn't work I would buy a Jetter nozzle and hose for use with a pressure washer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:41 PM   #9

Thank you.. We will try it out.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #10

Yes.. We have noticed water will go down when we use the fludh system. But the clog is still like right under the toilet. It's the weirdest thing.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #11

Thank all. We have been at it and the smell is ay..ay..we will continue to try and move this pyramid. ��

Tags
tank, toilet, water