Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2018, 08:36 AM   #1

TPMs

Bought below TPM system. Cant's figure it out Two transmitters of six inop. Cant's figure out how to open tire sensors to replace batteries. Instructions say there is no off on switch, wring. Instructions say install tire sensor and then service tire???? Instructions say reader unit shuts off automatically after 25 minutes. Mine never shuts off. Driving me nuts!!

https://www.amazon.com/B-Qtech-Press..._&dpSrc=detail
Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What brand of TPM?

Post a picture of the TPM product box and the TPM tire module if you are serious about getting suggestions.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
Bought below TPM system. Cant's figure it out Two transmitters of six inop. Cant's figure out how to open tire sensors to replace batteries. Instructions say there is no off on switch, wring. Instructions say install tire sensor and then service tire???? Instructions say reader unit shuts off automatically after 25 minutes. Mine never shuts off. Driving me nuts!!

https://www.amazon.com/B-Qtech-Press..._&dpSrc=detail
Call their service line, and speak to a tech. It may be that you are just doing something wrong, or that their instructions aren't correct. If you can't get ahold of a service tech, or their response is not satisfactory, and you can't resolve your issues, return it and get another brand.

Do you ever plan on towing another vehicle? If so, then return this one and get one that can handle more than 6 tires.

If the monitor doesn't shut off when it is supposed to, then return it and purchase another brand.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
They look similar to the one I have.. There should be a tool, looks like a knob, thats used to remove the cover (cap)..

Do you have the guide that shows how to do it?? Its somewhat cryptic, but I have had mine apart..

Also. on mine, unless they see a change in pressure, they don't transmit very often.. i.e. have your receiver ready. screw the sensor on. if it doesn't transmit, give it a few minutes then unscrew the sensor (simulate a rapid lose of air) the transmitter should send immediately.

Mine initially took a little playing with, but once I figured them out, they work ok.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
They look similar to the one I have.. There should be a tool, looks like a knob, thats used to remove the cover (cap)..

Do you have the guide that shows how to do it?? Its somewhat cryptic, but I have had mine apart..

Also. on mine, unless they see a change in pressure, they don't transmit very often.. i.e. have your receiver ready. screw the sensor on. if it doesn't transmit, give it a few minutes then unscrew the sensor (simulate a rapid lose of air) the transmitter should send immediately.

Mine initially took a little playing with, but once I figured them out, they work ok.
I finally determined how to check batteries. Only one tire doesn't read out, battery shows three volts. Also, cant get all tires on one page. Four show up on one page, then the display switches to a second page to show last two tires. Thanks
Old 04-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad tyo see you got it. Maybe swap batteries with one of the others to see if its really the battery.

I have a cheap 4 tire version of this I use on my toad. works ok for when we're towing it behind the MH.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:42 PM   #7

Commercial Member

Ah the joys of dealing with a book store when buying technical product aimed at a specialized market.

Why not return what you bought and purchase from a TPM vendor that services the RV market.

If you search this forum or look at an RV magazine you will see the short list.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #8

It's my receiver that is bad. Left front tire will not read out. Changed both front tire batteries and switched sensors twice. Right front tire sensor will not work on on left front tire but left front sensor works on right front tire. Played with left front valve and direct tire pressure read out is good.Crazy!! Thanks.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:08 AM   #9

Finally left front tire is reading, took 48 hours to engage. However a different tire read out that appeared good, in agreement with direct read tire gauge, now reads ten lbs. less than actual.....it's nuts!!!
Old 04-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I bought an inexpensive one from amazon and it works fine with the repeater that came with it. I would return that one it doesn't sound like it has a promising future.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
I bought an inexpensive one from amazon and it works fine with the repeater that came with it. I would return that one it doesn't sound like it has a promising future.

Plan on returning bad one and have a brand new one in a box. I figured since I have some knowledge of how to set it up I might be successful in getting the second one to operate properly? Contacted company and they emailed me a page I already have. Strongly recommend no one buy this thing. Spend another 90 minutes playing with it yesterday. Monitor simply does not respond as advertised. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #12

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
Plan on returning bad one and have a brand new one in a box. I figured since I have some knowledge of how to set it up I might be successful in getting the second one to operate properly? Contacted company and they emailed me a page I already have. Strongly recommend no one buy this thing. Spend another 90 minutes playing with it yesterday. Monitor simply does not respond as advertised. Thanks.

It might help others if you posted specificBrand and model number.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
It might help others if you posted specificBrand and model number.
Sir, the link to the Amazon page showing the model is in my original post. Took delivery of second unit yesterday and the new install begins soon. Read your blog and thank you.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post

0-99 psi ..... Fine for a trailer, no good for a DP. Yet one of the diagrams on the left shows a tag axle DP chassis !

Tags
tpms