RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Wave 6 all the way.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2016, 06:27 AM   #16

After reading thru several threads and checking the web for more information I purchased a Wave 6 for my Arctic Fox 1140. Most of the things I read were positive feedback.

Can anyone point me to a place to get information for permeant installation ideas and tips on how to do the gas plumbing myself.

The dealership I am purchasing the camper from doesn't want to do the install for liability reasons.

I did try a search here, but no results were given.

Thanks
Jeff
wantajustrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:45 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't know where you live but mine is a bottle outside and a long hose through the front drivers side window..That's me. You, can tap into your stove for a more permanent install. Go to a propane dealer for more info and parts. We don't use ours that much as we are in a warm climate but heading to Quartzite next week and will be using it a lot there! Going to be cold there this year like in the 30's at night.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern01 View Post
So as I say when a power pole is not an option and the wife will not let you put in a wood stove then what is a guy to do, great ambiance love to stand in front of it now for the but
We were out the weekend and it was in the low 30s and the condensation was a battle the front window were completely covered and when we pull out of the site at the end of the two day outing the wife got a splash from the overhead cabinets
So that large area at the front cap most likely was just beading with water and it ran down when we pulled out. lesson one wipe be for you go
so we do not open any vents or windows as required if you read instructions but safety aside would the result be manageable reduced condensation
or should I look at using the overhead fans to move the air more?
we did run the furnace to get it up to temperature quickly and supplement with electric heater to keep the rig warmer.
the reason I need to find a fix is we will soon be fulltime in our 36 foot coach and dry camping 50% of the time. so when I get up and look out at the AZ desert next year I want to have a solution to the condensation other than install a wood stove . and a heat source that warms my bone while I stand in front of it as my Olympic heat does now.
So dehumidifier ? will that keep up or perhaps opening a window really works
We only run it when we are up and about if we left it on all knight it would be a rainforest in the morning.. As well as plain safety with gas heat. We have friends that have been full times and dry campers for over 30 years however they just carry extra towels.
So what have you done to improve your condensation and gas heat woes
Thanks vern
Vern01
Since colder air holds less moisture than warm air ventilation reduces the moisture/condensation in the living area of an RV...(it DOES NOT add to the humidity in the coach).
Adequate ventilation is important not only to prevent CO poisoning but to reduce condensation.

Also, when using a propane fueled catalytic heater, I've found that using fans to circulate/move the heated air in the coach is important and can/will help reduce the moisture on the inside cold surfaces, (like the windshield), of the coach... (we use a few 4 inch 12V muffin fans).

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, heater, rvs