Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2021, 04:14 PM   #1

Water pressure problem

I have an older 35' Citation that is stationery at a seasonal Massachusetts campground. The trailer is connected to the campground water and strong, consistent pressure feeds two hose reels, one of which is on a splitter feeding the camper. Last year, no problems from April to October. This year, I am having inconsistent and varying water pressure at the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink and toilet from full pressure to a trickle at both ends. Overnight, or even sooner, I will have full pressure at both, but eventually the pressure drops off. Frankly, I'm stumped and have no idea what the problem might be. The water system pump from the fresh water storage tank does not work and hasn't since we bought this trailer on site.
Deltawinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltawinds View Post
I have an older 35' Citation that is stationery at a seasonal Massachusetts campground. The trailer is connected to the campground water and strong, consistent pressure feeds two hose reels, one of which is on a splitter feeding the camper. Last year, no problems from April to October. This year, I am having inconsistent and varying water pressure at the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink and toilet from full pressure to a trickle at both ends. Overnight, or even sooner, I will have full pressure at both, but eventually the pressure drops off. Frankly, I'm stumped and have no idea what the problem might be. The water system pump from the fresh water storage tank does not work and hasn't since we bought this trailer on site.
First, should we assume the other side of the splitter still has full and constant pressure?

Disconnect the hose from the trailer. Is there full pressure/flow from the end?
If so, the most likely suspect is the check valve in the hose connector on the trailer. A sticking check valve will produce your exact symptoms.

A second likely suspect is a pressure regulator, if you have one plumbed into the hose or trailer. Same cause as check valve, especially if a cheap fixed pressure type.
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:39 PM   #3

Also, if you have the large blue water filter screw on cylinder in the water compartment, Unscrew that and replace the filter cylinder inside of that. Its a little larger than a paper towel cardboard tube. Mine was clogged even though it looked good and I had zero water flow from the outside hookup.

Make sure the outside shower/sprayer valves are turned off as well.
There may also be a refrigerator style water filter under your kitchen sink that may need attention. Good Luck.
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #4

Saying that overnight the pressure is ok would lead to the campground pressure not being up to the demand. Talk to others in the campground to see if they are having the same issue. Might be the campground pump is failing or they are not setup for the current demand.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #5

Water pressure issue

Thank you all for your suggestions. Turned out to be a relatively easy and inexpensive fix. The problem was a faulty check valve where the city supply connected to the camper.
Deltawinds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, water, water pressure