Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #1

First, I am new to this forum. Glad I found all of you and hope I can contribute in the future.

I just bought a 2003 Ultimate Freedom 40'. I hooked up the water supply hose and filled up the water tank, turning the water center diverter valve to "water tank fill". Worked great! I then turned off the water and tried the internal pump.

Well, water is pouring out of the feed hose. It does this on either position of the diverter valve (water tank fill or city water). If I put the cap on the feed hose, it works OK, but I can see the pressure building up in the hose...not good.

Is there a check valve somewhere that may be broken? I would sure appreciate any comments/suggestions!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Full-Timer
craigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #2

First, I am new to this forum. Glad I found all of you and hope I can contribute in the future.

I just bought a 2003 Ultimate Freedom 40'. I hooked up the water supply hose and filled up the water tank, turning the water center diverter valve to "water tank fill". Worked great! I then turned off the water and tried the internal pump.

Well, water is pouring out of the feed hose. It does this on either position of the diverter valve (water tank fill or city water). If I put the cap on the feed hose, it works OK, but I can see the pressure building up in the hose...not good.

Is there a check valve somewhere that may be broken? I would sure appreciate any comments/suggestions!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Full-Timer
Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Winnebago has the plumbing diagrams on line, here is a link to them
Ultimate Freedom KD Plumbing

Ultimate Freedom ED Plumbing
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 AM   #4
KCE

Welcome Craig, There should be a cutoff valve between the "feed hose". I'm guessing your talking about the small hose that is used for putting antifreeze in the system for winterizing. Find and turn the deverter valve the other way and that should stop it.

If your talking about the water intake connection there is a small O-ring that pops off if you push in the check valve while there is still pressure on the system letting the water run back out. You can take it apart and put the O-ring back on or buy a new one (Not expensive) I took mine apart put back the o-ring back on and it has been fine ever since.
KCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 AM   #5

John: Excellent! I will look at them now.
KCE: I am talking about the water intake connection. My rig has a hose on a power reel for connecting to city water. It has a diverter switch to choose between "City Water" and "City Water Fill". I filled the tank and tried using the pump. That is when the water started coming back out that hose. So, I am not sure where that check valve is. Maybe behind the panel with the diverter switch? I will try and take that apart and see what is back there.

Whew! Too many things to fix on this rig! It sat on an RV lot for most of the last 2.5 years. Many things are broken and it needs a lot of TLC. And a lot of help from the RV repair center...

Thanks!
Craig

Full-Timer
Old 08-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #6

Craig,

I don't have the hose reel feature, but as Ken noted, the check valve will be BEHIND where the hose goes into the panel. I replaced mine twice with bad results. The third time I was successful because I connected a new check valve on the outside of the panel.

Put a 90 degree brass hose connector on the water fill connection and connected the new check valve to it. The end result is ugly, but I have a straight shot from the bottom access hole to the water intake.

And no leaks!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #7
KCE

I also did as Jim did after the first repair.
Using the 45 degree W/cut off switch ("ugly") brass hose fitting. I installed it before the water hose and that gives me instant temporary repair in case o-ring comes off again.
KCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Craig,
Do not feel alone having to fix a bunch of stuff. Those of us who buy new coaches are in the same situation as you. The only difference is you were smart enough to keep your $s in your wallet. When you make a repair, you know what was done and it was done correctly. We spent our $s and are at the mercy of RV dealers to service the coach under warranty. They do what they want and when they want to do it.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #9

Gary: I went into this purchase knowing what was ahead. But, it is still overwhelming. So many things to fix...so many things to understand!

I went to Camping World (Wheelers) here in Las Vegas yesterday to schedule a service on the rig. Their first response was forget it! As I had not purchased it from them. Wow. I was not expecting that. Then they mellowed out and told me they had an opening in 4 weeks...which I "negotiated" down to 2 weeks.

Craig

Full-Timer
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey craigt just take care of the most important stuff first than you can ENJOY the use of the coach. The rest we are here to help you out and save you the hard earned $$$$.
Now welcome to irv2 where happy RVers rome.
Enjoy all the forums and fire away with questions.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #11

Craig, don't loose faith!!

You are in the same boat with the rest of us. Keep posting your problems (and solutions) here. I have received immeasurable help from the members of this forum. They have saved my skin more than once. If you are the least bit handy you will find you can probably tackle most of the repairs yourself - with a bit of help from the people here. I have found a few things that need a dealer (too complex or not enough time), but most I have done myself. Love the feeling of accomplishment, not to mention the $'s I was able to save.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote