Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2022, 03:38 PM   #1

What might you consider a reasonable price for a 2000w installation?

I realize the question is bit open ended but what's a reasonable price for a 2000w inverter installation?
Fogbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2022, 03:55 PM   #2

Depends on what you need wired to run off it.

Whole trailer? Just a couple outlets? If just a couple outlets are they already existing or are you adding new?
Old 02-02-2022, 04:01 PM   #3

Do you want just an inverter, or an inverter charger?
What batteries do you have, and are you planning on upgrading them?
What percentage of your camping is boondocking vrs hookups.
How do you plan to supply power to the inverter, shore power, generator, or solar? Too many unanswered ponderables to give good advice.
Cost could be $200 or $10,000, or somewhere in between. Give us some good info and you will get good and accurate responses.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:44 PM   #4

I have an on board generator and 3 solar panels as well as shore power.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:33 PM   #5

Is it pre wired for an inverter? If not then new wires will need to be routed, which can be fairly easy or fairly difficult depending on how far they need to go and how easy the access is.

Are you looking to also change or add to your house batteries? are you looking to add wiring for a residential refrigerator? Is there room at the circuit panel for an inverter sub panel?

There are way too many variables for anyone to give you a reasonable estimate.

If you need to do allot of rewiring one option is to route everything through a Victron 3k MultiplusII or Magnum MSH3012RV.(assuming 50 amp setup if not then different hybrid nverterrs and wires). To do that the "only" wire changes is to route a 6/3 wire from your transfer switch to the inverter and then another 6/3 wire from the inverter to the circuit panel input that was previously fed from the transfer switch. This configuration gives you lots of advantages. Like being able to run anything off of the inverter and getting boost on all of your circuits when connected to less then 50 amps.I have my coach wired this way with a large lithium bank and its very nice.

You need to first figure out exactly what you are trying to do and then contact some people that do that type of installation. I upgraded my own wiring and can tell you it's time consuming so I would guess the labor isn't cheap.
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:12 AM   #6

Ditto Dssl.
If you’re gonna spend the bucks, may as well do the clean simple and effective install, which is hybrid inverter/charger. These units provide up to 100amps charging current and can be programmed for any kind of battery. Just decide whether you want a 2000w or 3000w model. A hybrid also makes wiring easy. Just park it next to your battery and use a really short run of 1/0 or 2/0 cable, and voltage drop is almost zero. Then all you have to do is re-wire the ac side to the panel. Easy peasy. Unless you’re an old fat fart like me and can’t get into tight spaces. I would stick with either Victron or Xantrex.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:32 AM   #7

Looks easy to me.

A simple installation would be an inverter with a couple plug ins and a circuit breaker from the battery.

All this hubbub about solar, converters and how much time spent boondocking and what kind of batteries is irrelevant to my question.

Thanks to all for your help.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogbelly View Post
Looks easy to me.

A simple installation would be an inverter with a couple plug ins and a circuit breaker from the battery.

All this hubbub about solar, converters and how much time spent boondocking and what kind of batteries is irrelevant to my question.

Thanks to all for your help.

Still lots of unknowns that will effect the insall cost. Each RVis different, where and how wires are routed...

A rough guess is the installation cost may equal cost of the parts, but that's fairly useless. If you want to know the cost you need to be very specific on where you want what components and then get estimates.
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, installation