Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumkrazy View Post
California rv salvaging and Dismantler
Hi Plumkrazy

I tried that phrase as well as other phrases that are similar... no luck.

Everything that comes up has to do with autos/trucks.

Do you have a closer description to the actual rv dismantlers yard's name??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #30

Out of topic i need help with my subject i habe never ben there if i go there i will know more would these switches help me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16783AB0-B43F-415D-BD20-6BA076FC5702.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	272693   Click image for larger version

Name:	83B9043C-A6C2-4360-BCF4-836E986D5CFB.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	272694  

Plumkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi, there, Mike!

I am going to the TRW Electronics Swap Meet next Saturday (every last Saturday of the month) to pick up more LED lights for my RV. It's at the Northrop-Grumman site on Aviation in Redondo Beach. Since you are a ham operator, you probably know that site inside and out.

Since I live in it, I'll bring my new baby with me. My main challenge is the initial wiring setup and what the last owner told me was wrong, so I have gone down some false trails trying to figure out what was going on.

My background is B.S.E.E. with a lot of programming and mechanical know-how thrown in too

And, yes, I'd like to meet you. Maybe after the Swap Meet?

'till then!
Old 01-20-2020, 10:22 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDon View Post
Hi, there, Mike!

I am going to the TRW Electronics Swap Meet next Saturday (every last Saturday of the month) to pick up more LED lights for my RV. It's at the Northrop-Grumman site on Aviation in Redondo Beach. Since you are a ham operator, you probably know that site inside and out.

Since I live in it, I'll bring my new baby with me. My main challenge is the initial wiring setup and what the last owner told me was wrong, so I have gone down some false trails trying to figure out what was going on.

My background is B.S.E.E. with a lot of programming and mechanical know-how thrown in too

And, yes, I'd like to meet you. Maybe after the Swap Meet?

'till then!

Been going to the TRW Swap Meet a few times a year for over 40 years. But this months TRW Swap Meet is iffy for me... but we can definitely cross paths, perhaps during the week.

Yeah, I'm familiar with TRW... worked there for a while. Was one of 60,000 that was laid off across 4 weeks after a F-15 Weapons System contract ended...

I can tell you about the lightning strike in the transformer farm across the street... all of a sudden one side of the street was a quarter of a million volts higher in potential than the other side of the street... and the PBX phone lines between the buildings tried to equalize the difference. AT&T took one look at the smoking remains and wheeled in a new one. And decided to go with fiber between the buildings instead of 50 pair or 100 pair cable...

Please PM me - we'll trade contact info including cellphone numbers.
I'll prep a CD with everything I have on old P30-based Fleetwoods.
Even chassis wiring diagrams and Fleetwood wiring and plumbing diagrams.

Mike
Old 01-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #33

Not sure if you have a handle on your appliances . At that vintage they were kinda simple and not as many were available a lot shared with campers, so you should be able to find videos on operation and repairs even manuals .There is a vintage motor home forum here. If no one mentioned date codes on tires they are considered dangerous after 8 to 10yrs.
If you get those manuals and wire and plumbing diagrams you are in good shape. I have been getting most of my OEM \ engine car/van parts now from ebay,Amazon and Rock Auto.When I can wait . So much cheaper.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries