Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #1

What type of batteries

I inherited a 1990 pinnacle quest i think its 34’ it has two ac i would like to know what type of batteries do i buy for the coach side? Also i like to know what the switches do as j got no lessons and no owner manual ☹️ I wish i woulda got that from grandpa before he passed away it also has a bad back window i need to fix as well as i need to know how to hook uk the generator the fridge everything i have no idea so a owner’s manual would be a grate come up! Thanks John
Plumkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Google is your friend!
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #3

No not rilly thats why im here
Old 01-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #4

I figure a nice old Gentlemen will help me get through my struggle
Old 01-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #5

I don’t know about pinnacle’s.
But if I were you I’d YouTube ~ as best I could.
Batteries you’ll find lots of price points and options.
You’ll need to figure out your needs.
As far as the AC/dual you’d want to run those off the generator.
I feel you didn’t get the responses you were looking for because you didn’t provide enough information.
Photos help greatly.
Pinning it down to one or two questions makes it easier to help.
There should be some sort of Pinnacle owners manual on line. As a general rule most are vague to begin with.
I’m sorry for the loss of your grandpa.
He left you a journey of enlightenment lol~RV’s can be a challenge but if it’s something you take to dive in with both feet~To Learn.
So gather as much info as you can. Try troubleshooting on your own.
Re-group and try again for help.
Sorry best I can do for now.
Best Wishes ~Safe Travels
Old 01-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #6
Community Moderator

For the house battery, many people prefer 6v golf cart batteries. Get 4 from Costco to make a pack of 2S2P. Verify your space first.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:41 PM   #7

It seams i have a set up for two bigger batteries?
Old 01-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #8

Would you have a recommendation for a two battery set up
Old 01-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #9

Also i am not a cosco member i am a sams member ��
Old 01-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumkrazy View Post
It seams i have a set up for two bigger batteries?
Most coaches are designed to use 4 6V golf car batteries wired in series parallel to provide 12V. Using 4 GC2 golf car batteries gives you a higher amp/hour capacity than say one or two 12V batteries. Click image for larger version

Name:	6v-battery-series-and-parallel-wiring-600x519-1.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	272612
Old 01-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #11

And if i just got two bigger 6 volt batteries it wouldn’t be a good correct?
Old 01-18-2020, 03:24 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi, there! I am in a bit of a similar situation with my new-to-me '89 Fleetwood Southwind 25.5.

One suggestion I can't use but might work for you is to use a battery charger temporarily to replace the house batteries as you check things out. This avoids depending upon the RV's internal 110V system to provide power until you get around to testing that and verifying it works.

Good luck on the rest of it!

I can also strongly recommend getting a book on RV electronics to help explain everything. This has already helped me. And the various forums here and elsewhere can be a lot of help. And don't forget Youtube!

Something else I recommend is to start a note book and write down everything! Make diagrams of before and after. Save the voltage readings you get. Take lots of phone pics, print them out and include them too. The notebook entries of "before" can save you if you move some wires around and then find that was a mistake. Also, spend the little money extra to get a voltmeter/ammmeter which does not require contact to determine wire current! If you are in the middle of a wire run, you do not want to have to cut a wire to see how much current is going thru it.

Have fun with this project and take your time. The notebook will help a lot when you have to resume from the last time you worked on it.

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #13

Here is my battery compartment

Here is how my grandpa had it it was nissing one battery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1BB7A07E-AB66-46D4-A704-A2C68E712998.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	534.4 KB
ID:	272613   Click image for larger version

Name:	99DD4B64-B7A0-4D2E-B1F8-235D8936F1EB.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	472.5 KB
ID:	272614  

Old 01-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #14

Looks like you have a chevy P30 chassis. There are 2 - 12v batteries connected in parallel (pos to pos & neg to neg) for the house( everything inside) . Your missing one , but it is not needed. The other 12v battery with the side terminals is for the chassis (starting the engine ,wipers, headlights etc. )

Any cable going to the frame will be connected to the neg terminal of the battery.

Tags
batteries