Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #43

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by trux View Post
What Brand is your electric grill? Shouldn't draw more electricity than a microwave?
It's a Waring 1800 Watt
Most Microwave's don't exceed 1200 Watts. My microwave at home is only 1000 Watts.

That is why I haven't taken the indoor grill in the MH and when using it at home, limit what I use in the kitchen on that circuit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired-guy View Post
I used a Treager at the S&B but it was too big to fit into the bay, so we picked this one up. Works quite well.
We also use a Treager at home and love it. It would be nice if they had a reasonably priced small one. We use the Weber Baby Q on the road.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:39 PM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Which compact grill do you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
We use the Nexgrill that we bought at Costco for $100. What I like best in this small grill is can get very hot and has two independent burners.

Two burners are hard to find in a small compact grill.

X2. It is also stainless steel and has served my needs well for over 4 years.

Saw it there again yesterday at Costco. Would buy it again in a heartbeat - but my 4 year old one is still good.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #46
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
We use a Weber Q It's easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to clean up. I like propane as there is no waiting around for the coals to go out and I have it up to temperature in less then 5 minutes. That said, I do like cooking on charcoal.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
We use Camp Chef. It has many accessories. I put a grill box on one side and a griddle on the other. I use the two burner model. Sturdy and well made. Definitely a top of the line model and worth it to me.

When I'm at home I use it on my deck as a daily grill it's that good.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #48

I love the Weber Go-Anywhere Model # 1141001. Plus I use a fold up Wind-Guard I got in Quartzsite several year ago. Works well for me.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coleman roadtrip

What really impressed me with the Coleman road trip is the stainless bin under the grills. You fill it with water and all the grease, ok, most of the grease goes in the water. When it's time to go just dump the water and you have a clean grill.

Easy clean up. Plus I have a nice griddle for pancakes, French toast, eggs, bacon oh my!! I'm hungry now!
Takafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:28 AM   #50

That cleaning feature sounds nice. Used the new Cuisinart for the first time - highly recommend. Good propane adaptor, nice thermometer on the lid, 12,000 btu's on a tabletop grill - nice steaks and the heating plate seems to work.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Traeger now sell a PTG (portable travelling grill). Also has a stand that can be mounted on it. Wife really enjoys the S&B one but I'm still a charcoal man.
PTG +: Travel Portable Grill | Traeger Wood Fired Grills
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #52

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icrob View Post
We use Camp Chef. It has many accessories. I put a grill box on one side and a griddle on the other. I use the two burner model. Sturdy and well made. Definitely a top of the line model and worth it to me.

When I'm at home I use it on my deck as a daily grill it's that good.
We got the three burner at Costco. Only issue I have with it is that it is a stove not a grill, the grates are further apart. So if I am wanting to grill steaks, I need to use my cast iron griddle on top.

Been reading the responses here...we might want to look at a regular small grill to complement the camp chef.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #53

We really like our Coleman Road Trip grille. We have the optional griddle plates which work well for breakfast eggs, bacon etc. and the grilling plates work great for burgers, hot dogs and steaks or whatever. We even use it for our coffee percolator if it is warm inside our MH.
No waiting around for charcoal to get ready to cook on and then find out you waited too long and the heat died down just before the food was cooked. I never tasted starting fluid using the grille either.
I carry along a 20# propane tank with the adapter hose as well as a few screw on tanks. It is always ready to go rain or shine and I don't have to carry along bags of dirty charcoal or have to worry about where to discard the ashes. If we only have two of us along I only use one side so the clean up is even that much quicker. It fits easily in a compartment and takes up very little space.
I'd give the Coleman five stars for one of the must have things when camping.
Lynn
Old 04-03-2016, 02:41 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired-guy View Post
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett. Wood pellet fired (food grade only). Use as a smoker (225) to a grill (550). Efficient, easy to clean, stores and travels well. A little heavy (57#) but worth the trouble. Cools down fast, able to store in around 10 minutes. Pellets are available almost everywhere.

Saw one on recent trip I like for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 04-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #55

We have the 3 burner CampChef, a Volcano and have had 2 RoadTrip Grills, gave one away and sold the other. The CampChef we've used for 10 + years. It's big, heavy and capable of cooking for a small army. We have the grill box, also heavy and two burner griddle. The volcano is small and capable of cooking all two of us need. With the propane adapter, it's as convenient to use as any other propane stove. It's design is naturally wind resistant and we have the option of using wood or charcoal.

We primarily like to use the outdoor grill for cooking greasy foods like bacon and eggs or for using the Dutch oven. It has its own carrying bag. We're thinking of getting a second one for those times when we need to cook for many.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #56

We just purchased the $100 2 burner grill from Costco. It has a regulator on a hose, but I want to connect it to our 5th wheel.

Does anyone know which quick connect male part I would need to thread onto the BBQ?