Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #1

window replacement - Keystone Cougar

I am hoping that one of our members can help me with an irritating problem. While we are up north our Cougar was broken into. We are fortunate that it appears little was damaged however I won't be certain until we get back to it in early November...just the theft of the TV and maybe some part bottles. Not worth going thru insurance for that however the intruders gained entrance by prying open the small awning type window on the retracted slide , either the one over the table or the couch. It has been taped up to keep out the weather and critters however I would like to have a new unit in hand when we get there in Nov.
I am seeking advice on how to install the new unit as well as hoping that someone with a similar Cougar (in my signature) could give me the dimensions of that window. That way I can plan to have the right tools with me. I am hoping that I can just replace the awning portion and opening mechanism (or even just the mechanism as the window was forced not broken).
I am 850 miles away and have no reliable source on site to get dimensions so am relying on the good graces of the IRV2 community.
If there are any readers that have a Cougar of the same vintage it would be really great to have the dimensions of the TV space opening as well so I can be on the lookout for the largest one that will fit...
Thanks so much.
Ian
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ian here is a link that you may find useful they have glass of all configurations.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #3

Hi Ian ;Bushman here My old Cougar is not around or I would let You look at it .My Son sold it and it went out of town. If I remember the slide had 2 different size windows the way I think they are installed they use a glue as well as screws for a water tight seal.You should check with the people that covered the window if they can send a few photo's from a digital camera.Then look at a few sales lots on the net and find one and go look with a tape, papper and pen and also a camera and have a true idea what You need.Most Keystone 5ers are the same in slide out size so You should find a 5er close to home maybe on old #7 highway Sarnia.Good luck John
Old 09-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #4

Thanks John....I was over to the London Rd place this am but no Cougars.....I will be in touch with the CG owner who is looking after the Cougar but he has about 5% vision and no hope of digi camera! Once I figure exactly which of the 2 windows it is I can maybe order the awning portion hardware....sadly the day/night was cut open with a knife so I'll have to get a new one when we get down there. No hurry on that tho.
I was thinking that the 2 side windows were the same but maybe not....You'd think I'd know having spent much of 5 winters in it but....Not very observant I guess.
Ian
Old 09-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #5

Ian go to the other site Where is every one see the pictures I added for You to see John
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #6

Got them...I will call the guy tomorrow to see which was broken... Shows how observant I am!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #7

You might find a replacement window through one of the companies here: RV Salvage
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote