Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2021, 10:12 PM   #15

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
Would you happen to have a similar diagram with solar present?
Gobeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2021, 07:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobeach View Post
Would you happen to have a similar diagram with solar present?

My coach had a small solar panel. It wasn't big enough to require a controller. The wires from the panel went straight to a small battery isolater and then one wire to each battry bank. Below is a photo of my battery compartment when I bought the coach. The 2 red wires coming from the top are from the solar panel.

I know little about how solar is being used in large cmapers, but I expect that is will almost always be used to maintain a charge on the batteries. Here is a more complete ilustration of how the power works in my coach:

andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:36 AM   #17

Jayco Owners Club
Resolved

I just wanted to let you know that I put it all back together and things are working just fine! Although I still don't know why the fuse was blown in the first place - something I'll need to keep an eye on in the future.

Some things I learned:
1. No need to disconnect everything when replacing a fuse. I've replaced many fuses in other systems and there was no need to disconnect things so not sure why I thought this would be different

2. It's not uncommon for capacitors to flash when they get an initial surge of energy.

3. I know a lot more about my system now than I did before. I still may want a way to isolate the power - but that will be another day.

Thanks so much for your time and willingness to help
Gobeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:08 AM   #18

Battery not yet connected....

So I gather if I have not yet hooked up battery, inverter will not turn on but will pass shore/gen to coach ? That's how my freedom X 2000 behaves, I'm awaiting 8 awg lugs to wire fuse to hot battery side and once connected to Xantrax I hope it turns on. My testing, sans battery, shows pass through of 120v so that's a big plus. Incidentally, manual says to use 8 awg chassis wire to have massive ground current if there is a short etc.

Patrick.'05 Dynaquest
Chatham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, xantrex