Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikrdo89 View Post
Hello everyone! Before buying a coffee maker, I think it is good to ask opinions and read reviews, this is how I make before buying my perfect coffee maker, I m pondering over buying the Mr. Coffee 4-cup Programmable Coffee.

I've found it by reading reviews like cup coffee maker and perhaps it will help you too.

So what coffee makers do you own and what do you think of the model I've found? Thanks.
Here is My perfect coffee Maker - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...asket/53056868

Hot water through the coffee - IMHO they all work the same - I've got one in the house - one in the Coach - one at the Beach House - and one to spare (lost one on a move but found it later) they all work - think one might have crapped out in 96' but that could have just been a Dream Back in 96' they were $5.99 now $9.99 all work the same.

Good Luck in your Quest,

------------------
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #16

Harvey
You get about 50 oz of the liquor. I don't measure just fill the brewing container with water. The lid to the storage carafe is a measuring cup and has a 1 oz and a 1.5 oz marking. The beauty of the system you can make your coffee as strong or as weak as you want and every bodies can be different. My wife likes the 1 oz I use a little more.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:43 PM   #17

We use a keurig mainly, just cause it’s so convenient. Especially while driving. I simply start up the genny, ask DW to make us a cup real quick, and in a few minutes we’re still cruising down the road with a fresh cup. We also use the aeropress when we’re in camp if we decide to bring some special grind with us. We will even bring a Nespresso machine occasionally and enjoy a small, but strong cup. We tossed the drip maker long ago.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:36 PM   #18

Aeropress - easy to clean and use. Heat the water and keep it in a thermal carafe. Coffee in a minute.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
The Keurig K130 works well for us as it only uses 700 watts and is compact, 1 cup at a time. Great for dry camping as there is no need to start the generator if its' early in the morning or while rolling down the road. It works fine with a 1000 MSW inverter. All Keurigs other models use about 1500 watts.

https://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-...gateway&sr=8-3
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #20

Busskipper: Yep...that the one. I've three of 'em...one down for repairs. A 3 cent temperature fuse is being replaced. Great and simple little machine.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #21

We use a Keurig Coffee Maker when we have full hookups. We boiled water for French Press when boondocking.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
Busskipper: Yep...that the one. I've three of 'em...one down for repairs. A 3 cent temperature fuse is being replaced. Great and simple little machine.

X 3....That's the one we use! Makes way better coffee than that K cup crap.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #23
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
We've been using a Keurig for years. It brews a fresh cup of coffee and a very short time, and the coffee is fresh every time you brew it. I feel the coffee is fresher in a sealed K-cup rather than in an opened one pound can.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #24

Bought my mother a Keurig last year and it makes surprisingly good coffee.
We dry camp in a small 22 foot class B+/C- so not very much room for gadgets.
Have been using a vacuum insulated French press for the last 20 years.
No electricity needed.
Makes great coffee.
Easy to clean.
Takes up very little space.
Almost indestructible.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
[QUOTE=Busskipper;4836260]Here is My perfect coffee Maker - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...asket/53056868

This is what we bought after our Mr. Coffee, 4 cup coffee maker died after three years. I never used the programable function of the Mr. Coffee, so went with the Mainstays brand at 1/2 the cost.

So far, it's working great.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinntoMich View Post
I must be old fashioned. I use a stovetop perculator for tea or coffee, usually instant. As far as good coffee goes, the beans I think are more important than the maker. Eight O Clock Columbian Peaks or Starbucks Veranda IMO are some of the best. Low acidity and decent flavor.
I too am old fashioned. I think the LP gas is cheaper than electricity, in my case (boondocking/solar/generator). Coffee is my addiction, and I use a 12 cup Coleman stove top percolator. My only complaint, the glass bulb on the lid broke. It is a common complaint on the Coleman website.

I prefer to grind my own beans, in bulk, when I am at home base. The beans make all the difference. I use Starbucks generally, house blend or breakfast blend.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Old school is the way to go for a great pot of coffee... Farberware #47053 stovetop 12 cup percolator. As soon as it begins to perc turn the flame as low as possible to keep it perc’ing about once every second or two for 6 minutes... perfect coffee.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Old school is the way to go for a great pot of coffee... Farberware #47053 stovetop 12 cup percolator. As soon as it begins to perc turn the flame as low as possible to keep it perc’ing about once every second or two for 6 minutes... perfect coffee.

X2..... stove top perc. I still make it as I was taught as a kid (the 50s), when the aluminum pot was embossed with marks for real 8 oz cups. We used the scoop that came with the coffee (1/8 c). We’d fill to 8 (real) cups, use 1 scoop for each cup, then 1 “for the pot”, turn the gas on high and proceed as described by MandG, above. Oh yeah!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote