Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an 'ALL SOLAR' Motor coach?
I LOVE it! Sign me up! 0 0%
I like the idea, I think it has legs... 0 0%
Hmmm, you're making me think hard about this one... 0 0%
What would I do on 'rainy' days? 0 0%
Is that really enough batteries?? 1 50.00%
Solar is overrated... I'll keep my Generator! 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #1

Question NEW! the 'ALL SOLAR' Motor coach from...

...check your preference/vote in the poll above!

:

Introducing the all New 'ALL SOLAR' Motor coach from ...

pick you favorite manufacturer
(well, it's a good idea. Let's see what everyone thinks about this 'crazy' idea...)

ALL SOLAR Motor coach:
- 100% roof coverage with 1000w Automated Tilt Solar array.
Travel height 2", Deployed height 12"
- 4) 15'-20' 500w Automated roof mount roll-up Solar Awnings
- 2) 150amp MPTT Solar Controllers, and integrated LCD interior panel
- 2) 3000HB Hybrid Inverters*, with integrated 150amp Chargers
- 24) 6v Deep Charge Lithium House batteries, mounted on front triple-level
Slide Out

- 2) 150amp Chassis Heavy-Duty Alternators
* all items are wired thru the Inverters, including Air Conditioners

optional:
- 50amp Shore Power cord, and ATS switch
- 6000QD Onan generator, mounted in driver side bay#2, on slide out

Pricing:
- is the Sun out? about the same as your favorite new coach
- no Sun? very negotiable

just a 'thought'....hmmmm..... Game Changer

**the photo below is a sample and not indicative of what your coach will look like! Maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5142-lg.png
Views:	76
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	192648  
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #2

I'm going to also add a serious question to the 'tongue-in-check', but slightly serious 'All Solar' coach, above:

- for those who are interested in, or already deploying, SOLAR for your RV, would a manufacturer who engineers, builds, and offers a new 'All Solar' motor coach give you another option, versus either typical coach builds, or the newer 'all electric' coaches? The new heavy battery bank would replace the generator in the front slide/compartment. Awnings would be 'roll-up' solar arrays.

- what market would the manufacturer find the most interest for an 'All Solar' coach: Full-Timers? Weekenders? Resorters? Dry-Campers? Exclusive Off-Gridders?

- if enough Solar amps were expected on any given average 'day' to provide similar electrical requirements as our typical 50a rv service, or typical Generator output, and enough batteries were included for storing that power for extended periods, would anyone consider this an option to the typical coach builds of today that do not include Solar?

One of my thoughts has been that while we have come to expect a generator and shore power as typical parts of our current motor coach builds, and add Solar as an 'option', why not flip the idea and build an 'All Solar' coach from the get-go, giving owners the 'option' for a generator and shore power instead. While the financial offset might not yet be similar, those of us who have paid to deploy our own 'solar systems' have spent extra money beyond what we paid for the coach already.

Builders would have use of their own engineering for the amperage needs, panel requirements, wiring runs, and battery placement, and would have 'buying power' for all the elements of the system, and maybe the ability to possibly create more 'designs' of how to mount, deploy, and tilt the arrays.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar