Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2015, 03:08 AM   #1

Opinion needed

Are the following components matched up OK? This will be used with six 12 volt batteries that are ~100 ah each and of course proper wire ga, fuses etc.

1. ALEKO 140W 24V 140 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panel (six panels)
Operating Voltage (Vmp): 36.1V
Operating Current (Imp): 3.88A
Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 44.2V

2. Morningstar Tristar ts-mppt-60 Charge Controller

3. TriStar Remote Meter-2 model ts-rm-2

I'm new to solar and just trying to get (tax deduction) what I need before the end of the year.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2015, 04:42 AM   #2

Sound like a good setup.

I would leave out the remote meter and get a battery monitor. They offers better information. The remote meter just tracks input. A monitor tracks in and out.

Besides, the TriStar info can be viewed thru its network connection and a laptop computer.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:23 AM   #3

Thanks for pointing that out.

Besides, the TriStar info can be viewed thru its network connection and a laptop computer.

Does this mean I could connect my Laptop to the Charge Controller via USB and get the same information as a Monitor would give me?

Thanks again
Old 11-26-2015, 06:38 AM   #4

Not usb, but with a crossover ethernet, network cable. There will be complete instructions with the controller.

You can download them now from the web site.

You can see all the info and more. I can review 200 days of solar history on my laptop.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #5

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification.