Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2021, 12:23 PM   #1

Renogy Rover MPPT E1 error

Hi,

I have 300w of portable Renogy panels hooked up to a 30amp Renogy River charge controller connected to 4 Lifeline Agms.

Checked the manual and the party is battery over discharge error.

Victron shows shows me at 93%.

Anyone have this issue before?. Will call Renogy on Monday

Thanks,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2021, 07:36 AM   #2

Hi,

I was unable to get in touch with Renogy but I think I need to change the settings on the charge controller as I think they returned to default over the winter.

It will be Saturday before I can do it.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #3

Have a fuse or breaker between the controller and batteries? I had a bad 40A breaker that kept tripping at 10-12A and I'd get that same error because it can't sense the batteries. How is the wiring between the batteries and the controller? That all in good condition and connected well?
Old 06-24-2021, 10:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelSolo View Post
Have a fuse or breaker between the controller and batteries? I had a bad 40A breaker that kept tripping at 10-12A and I'd get that same error because it can't sense the batteries. How is the wiring between the batteries and the controller? That all in good condition and connected well?
Had a look at the wiring and it looks ok. I am on hold with Renogy right now and will report back shortly. I do have a fuse coming from the panels.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #5

Renogy reckons it's the charge controller programing. I need to make sure it's set to 12 volt and sealed battery.

I have an old own control lee I can hook up of needs be.

As it's portable I could do the programming outside and it's raining.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Had a look at the wiring and it looks ok. I am on hold with Renogy right now and will report back shortly. I do have a fuse coming from the panels.
The fuse from the panels is not the issue. The over discharge error is because the controller can't detect any voltage from the batteries.

If you disconnect the fuse from the panels (so controller can not output anything) and then hook a voltmeter to the controller output with the battery cables connected to them, do you show any voltage? If so, then the controller is probably the issue. If not, then there is an issue with the wiring.

Is your setup connecting direct the batteries or is there a battery disconnect in the path?
Old 06-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #7

I will program the controller first and if it does not work will try my pwm one and check the connections to the batteries.

I do not have a disconnect between them.

Will report back when a couple of days.