Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinerant1 View Post
They are just words so what if they said Honda.

What is happening in the word to day over stupid words that describe something.
Not just words
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #16

I don't know, but if asked, I would say I break out the Honda 2000 because I own one.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by unyalli View Post
Why did you state Honda??? Fanatic? Why not state gen generic? Harbor freight, champion, yamaha, etc. Why specify Honda????
You sound offended. Really??? Those are all fine options. The Honda just happens to be what I own.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
Do you just cover the windows with the aluminet? What % shading level of aluminet do you use?
We use the 70% Aluminet. We bought a 30’ x 12’ section which covers one side of fifth wheel. We place a 12’ section of PVC Pipe between the two slides on left side of fifth wheel to support Aluminet. Cut the 12’ section in half so it would fit in main bay (section of wood rod fis used to join them). The Aluminet comes with grommets every two feet so it is connected to roof with bungie cords to solar panel brackets. The bottom is connected with bungies to ground stakes.

A simple comparison of shaded siding and unshaded shows quite a few degrees difference. I am 78 so I prefer using the 12’ telescoping ladder to get tonroof than the ladder up the back side.

The question now is insulating bottom of fifth wheel and pumping cabin area into LFP battery compartment. Am purchasing a small blower that uses 3 W and moves 6 cfm. We are at 8000’ in northern NM above Las Vegas, NM
Reed Cundiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
For 10 summers while dry camping, I’ve sought out sites with shade and elevation so I would not need AC...running the generator. Now that I have 900W of solar...hopefully enough to run my energy hog DP without using the generator very much; do I park in the sun and run the risk of needing AC/generator....
In the winter it would be an easy choice as the heat is not electric plus we are FHU in our snowbird park.
We get a lot of heat gain from our windshield. Thus we use a windshield shade screen. Last summer I also used a "solar blanket" which is a blue tarp with silver on one side. I attached it to my shade screen and it made a big difference keeping the heat out.

I park facing North in summer and East in winter to get the solar gain.

Tags
camping, solar