Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
When we did our upgrade we moved the circuits in the inverter subpanel into the main panel as we had room. I actually replaced the inverter sub-panel with a single circuit 240V subpanel with that circuit as we are configured in Split-phase and we may add a mini-split at some point in the future.....Maybe!
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
When we did our upgrade we moved the circuits in the inverter subpanel into the main panel as we had room. I actually replaced the inverter sub-panel with a single circuit 240V subpanel with that circuit as we are configured in Split-phase and we may add a mini-split at some point in the future.....Maybe!
Thanks. That was the other option I was considering. That is the reason I did not install the Victron 2/120 in before I left this fall. Re-wiring the complete panel would take some time and parts. Didn’t want to chance not getting it done or rushing the job as I REALLY want it all done and working while in the US. Getting anything RV in Mexico is always a challenge.

The other piece I really like with the panel that is in there is the EMS. It will shut loads down when not on 50 amp before it trips breakers.

Thanks for you experience.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
Thanks. That was the other option I was considering. That is the reason I did not install the Victron 2/120 in before I left this fall. Re-wiring the complete panel would take some time and parts. Didn’t want to chance not getting it done or rushing the job as I REALLY want it all done and working while in the US. Getting anything RV in Mexico is always a challenge.

The other piece I really like with the panel that is in there is the EMS. It will shut loads down when not on 50 amp before it trips breakers.

Thanks for you experience.
I don't think you need to redo anything with your sub panel. Remove the Renogy and just connect the main panel to the sub panel directly using the wires that used to go to the input and output of the Renogy. Now you have a single panel. No moving breakers, no running new wires. Done.

Now it's easy to install the Multiplus.
1200W Solar > 412 aH LiFePO4 > Victron MultiPlus II
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #18

On the DIY Solar forum there is a good thread on the invert you are installing.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/ne...ch-2021.19604/

In the threads there is a person with the handle The_Colorist. He is a Victron vendor and an electrical engineer and is an excellent technical resource. I sent him a PM out of the blue with about 10 questions on this inverter and he responded to all confirming my thoughts and adding additional info about the setup and install of the inverter.

Also Jared Gillis (YouTube. All About RV's) He has a nice schematic for the wiring of this inverter although for a trailer.

I am going to be installing this inverter in December and January.

Don't count everyday, Make everyday count
Grabcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:02 PM   #19

If I misunderstood anyone's info I'm sorry. You can put the 50a X 2-120 inverter in between your ATS output 50A and to 50A main panel L1,L2, N & G in and out most likely needing little extra 120/240v wiring unless moving to remote spot away from old ATS and the wires you remove and use to CB panel. The old 30amp power to inverter usually used is abandoned or you could change breaker for adding extra 120v outlets.
It can only boost L1 on 50 A split feed from genny or pole power but don't really need boost much on 50A any way. If on say 30amp or one leg 120v it auto combines L1 and L2 in inverter and now can boost say either/both air conditioners or sides of CB panel to whatever used whole CB panel is powered by inverter internal L1 with boost.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote