Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #1

Where to buy Victron products

Hi All,
I've been trying to get the pieces together for our inverter and solar system. I wanted to use Victron components, but am having difficulty finding a place to buy them.
I see them for sale only from third party vendors. After reading reviews from a number of places, I see a lot of people have a common problem: Getting replacements or repairs through these vendors are either very difficult, costly or impossible.
I decided to go with Battleborn because they seem to be more reputable. I haven't ordered anything, because they don't give any information regarding if items are in stock, when they will ship or how long it will take to arrive. They also say they need a signature at delivery, not sure how that will work with a mail forwarding address.
Anyway, I've almost decided I would rather buy another brand that I can pickup in a store so that if I do need to return it or get a replacement, it will be a lot easier.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks,
Philip
PhilAndTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2022, 09:53 AM   #2

Personally, I'd buy through Amazon Prime from the Victron Energy Store. Free returns, no shipping cost. In general, electronic products, if they're going to fail, will do so relatively quickly. The key with Amazon is don't buy until you're ready to install and then use the device right away. That way you won't fall outside the free return window, usually 30 days for no questions asked returns. Additionally, the Victron Energy store is manufacturer owned so you're protected even more.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Victro...1?ref_=ast_bln

In my opinion, this is much easier and less hassle than going to a store.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:53 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Go to the Victron dealer locator here: https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy. I like Victron products and use them on my sailboat.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp CA View Post
Go to the Victron dealer locator here: https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy. I like Victron products and use them on my sailboat.
Thanks Camp CA.
I did check the dealer locator. Unfortunately we are in South Dakota and the nearest one is in Nebraska.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post
Personally, I'd buy through Amazon Prime from the Victron Energy Store. Free returns, no shipping cost. In general, electronic products, if they're going to fail, will do so relatively quickly. The key with Amazon is don't buy until you're ready to install and then use the device right away. That way you won't fall outside the free return window, usually 30 days for no questions asked returns. Additionally, the Victron Energy store is manufacturer owned so you're protected even more.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Victro...1?ref_=ast_bln

In my opinion, this is much easier and less hassle than going to a store.
Thanks BCam,
I've looked through the Victron store on Amazon and while there are products that ship from Amazon, they are all sold by third party vendors. I will get the 30 day return policy that way, but after that who knows.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:40 AM   #6

I have had good luck with Battleborn.

Some Victron products need setup/programming to work in your system. Battleborn will do that before shipping.

Battleborn is generally good about answering questions before and after the sale.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:25 PM   #7

I've talked myself in Renogy. They now have a display that will display all of their products. That's one of the reasons I liked Victron. I'm not sure Victron really wants to sell to the general public anyway.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:28 PM   #8

I purchased my Victron equipment through Battleborn Batteries (Dragonfly Energy). If you’d like, they will pre-program the equipment for you. They also are known for their great customer service.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:37 PM   #9

I love the Victron Energy Cerbo GX with touchscreen to provide a nice touch display. I have four MPPT controllers, BMV-712 battery monitor, Multiplus 3000VA inverter/charger and three temperature probes connected to the Cerbo GX. The Cerbo GX is connected via Ethernet cable to my WifiRanger for Internet access. It logs all data to the VRM portal for long term data. It logs to local card when Internet isn't available and uploads when the Internet is available again.

The remote access is great and it allows me to see all the devices without having to be within bluetooth range of each devices.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #10

Battleborn battey is the US help desk for victron.

AM solar is a very good source of parts for victron parts. Cables and small parts are hard to find on there web page but they are there.

Inverter R us also has many of the Victron parts on there web pages.

Amazon has a Victron store for large parts.

What exactly do you need?

I have a full Victron system, you will not be disappointed when you purchase any of these parts!

1920 watts of solar with two smart 150/100 charger , 3000 watt multi plus II ,BVM-712 battery monitor, DC to Dc charger , touch screen withdata logging threw the VRM web page.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilAndTee View Post
Thanks BCam,
I've looked through the Victron store on Amazon and while there are products that ship from Amazon, they are all sold by third party vendors. I will get the 30 day return policy that way, but after that who knows.

If you want to deal with a person for sales and post sales support

AM solar in Oregon or Battleborn are you #1 venders to go to .

Battleborn is Victron energy's Tech support for the US as far as I know.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:15 AM   #12

I sell Victron - if you know what you want or need help deciding, I can help you out.

I, like most, have a 30 day return policy, but most of the power products are warranted for 5 years, upgradeable to 10.

http://www.backwaterwarehouse.com/

Shawn

Ps. Admins - if I'm not allowed to post this, please let me know.
Grizzly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:57 PM   #13

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Originally I was thinking of an entire Victron system. Solar charge controller, bmv, multiplus inverter and one of the new displays. But after looking through Amazon and seeing a ton of different sold by vendors and seeing the reviews, most are very good until they need support and then not so good. And then going to Battleborn and finding they didn't list any info before the purchase about stock or shipping times. I could call them and go through all the pieces with them and verify rime frames. I don't know, deliverys are hard when you're moving around.
I decided that maybe Victron wasn't a good idea. Also because if a needed to return something for repair or replacement, or just needed to buy a new one, how long would it take?
I don't want to have a non working system for weeks or months. I would prefer to buy from someone that I can get a replacement in a few days or a week.
I'm going to have to do more research on this.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #14

Philip,

I'd be more than happy to work with you and help you out.

Do you have a list of part numbers? Last I looked, most of the typical items are in stock at my distributor and can be shipped overnight if need be. I'd be happy to get you stock information and my best pricing.

I pm'd you my cell number. Feel free to contact me if you like. Victron has great products and people seem to be really happy with them - it's what I am using to upgrade my coach

Shawn
Grizzly73 is offline   Reply With Quote