Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
2012 Thor Motor Coach Line Up Impresses Shoppers at Florida Super Show

2012 Thor Motor Coach Line Up Impresses Shoppers at Florida Super Show

Elkhart, IN (January 30th, 2012) - Thor Motor Coach showcased a host of new motorhomes and features at the 2012 Florida RV Super Show in Tampa, January 10-15, 2012. With heavy traffic and so many new products featured, both new and seasoned RVer’s were impressed with the product offerings from Thor Motor Coach. Tampa provided a great kick-off for the motorhome market in 2012 as Thor Motor Coach saw a 40% increase in retail sales compared to the 2011 show.

The article is continued in the attached PDF.

Making its Super Show debut, the 45LT (45’, 450HP) tag axle Tuscany was a big hit. The 45LT combines the best of luxury and value by offering a full wall slide, expandable sofa, half bath with washer dryer option, dual vanity master bath, fireplace, and Sony electronics at a price point far less than its competitors.
·
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TMC Press Release - 2012 Line Up Impresses Shoppers.pdf (379.1 KB, 220 views)
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #2

Fine looking coach, my pick of floor plans would be the 42FK with seating arranged for comfortable viewing of the TV..

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have been eyeing the 45lt
trying to find one close enough for a look see, I am curious about the whole wall slide

really wish they would made the slide out desk top thing by the fireplace a real desk and loose the little cabinet
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #4

they make a very pretty coach ; I wonder if they will ever get their act together when it comes to quality control and customer service.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
they make a very pretty coach ; I wonder if they will ever get their act together when it comes to quality control and customer service.
Exactly my thoughts as well.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #6

Just my opinion. but 45ft'r is 50 HP lite, Black tank too big, fresh water too small, fuel tank 50gals short and two 20,000 btu won't get it in the heat. Should of put it on a Spartan.

Plus, them couches don't look comfortable.

Sorry, my bad I see they have two basement furnaces and 3 roof tops. The heatpumps are optional. Aqua-hot option would be nice.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Just my opinion. but 45ft'r is 50 HP lite, Black tank too big, fresh water too small, fuel tank 50gals short and two 20,000 btu won't get it in the heat. Should of put it on a Spartan.

Plus, them couches don't look comfortable.

Sorry, my bad I see they have two basement furnaces and 3 roof tops. The heatpumps are optional. Aqua-hot option would be nice.

heat pumps should be standard agreed,
i have one 36000 btu in my 40 foot tuscany.....having two would solve OMG its hot back here syndrome.
but our floorplan sort of limits a space to put another heater....until this year i think i solved it and if we dont trade..i am doing it

chassis are chassis, they get built on a spec by what the upfitter wants
f/l, spartan and the others build to meet customer requirements and price point...
45 ft on a f/l or other i would think would meet the needs,
our fresh water tank is toooooo big 100 gallons is nuts
we carry about 1/3rd
they should have upped the gray tank capacity imo
or use a 50 gallon fresh tank and use the free lower space for a nice BBQ on slides
I think auqua hot would put them in a price point to maybe run off a few buyers
I used to use tiffin as a comparator for my tuscany
however some new friend sof mine have a 07 phaeton and after having to help them solve some inverter operating issues, i have a sour taste in the way the 120 volt wiring was not secured around the inverter, as its in an open space in the basement and could easily be hit by your head or anything , and possibly put you in harms way for a zapping.
but i like the interior layout and creature features,
HP/TQ you can never have enough
quality to me is right for the price point provided you dont pay anywhere near msrp

my worries is the long slide and weight it brings to the table with the ancillary gear needed to move the slide effectively and evenly.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #8

Nice looking coach and what is better is all of the comments regarding the size of tanks, which has always confused me, what is too big or too small? One would think that a large, well appointed, coach like this would not be out boondocking and dry camping long enough to need the size of tanks mentioned?
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, thor