05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Conway, SC
Green Stuff: Seal Design and Energy Star Partner
Green Stuff: Seal Design an Energy Star Partner
May 5, 2011, ELKHART, IN — Along with innovative new products, Seal Design, an affiliate of Dicor Corporation, has taken steps to make the core of its business environmentally friendly.
“We’re the only sealant innovator in the RV industry that is an Energy Star partner,” said Greg Kelly, general manager for Seal Design. “We have a number of products, including Touch-N-Seal™ insulating spray foam, that have the Energy Star label.”
Energy Star is a government-backed symbol for energy efficiencies that help protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices as rated by EPA standards. Many Seal Design products have also been certified by AAMA (American Architectural Manufacturer Association) for their environmental benefits.
“Energy Star and AAMA are not certifications that any product can get,” said Kelly. “These products have been tested, tested and retested. All these products must meet the features and performance demanded by consumers while also achieving greater energy efficiency. They are proven products.”
“At Seal Design we are green driven and well as performance driven. We have developed a number of green practices along with products designed to preserve the environment and people’s health. We want to be a green and health-conscious supplier for the industry, and we think that’s something RVers, in particular, appreciate.”
Seal Design’s green solutions include:
• No toxic or carcinogenic materials used in production or installations.
• No rainwater or soil contamination (no runoff).
• No off-gassing in either production or application.
• Zero chemical migration.
• No specialty disposal requirement.
• No specialty freight regulations or restrictions.
• Zero volatile organic chemicals (VOCs).
• Biodegradable materials.
• Non-allergic materials.
• No HCFC’s or CFC’s — chemicals that deplete the ozone layer, which increases skin cancer, cataracts, and potential damage to some marine organisms, plants and plastics.
• Moisture-resistance systems and systems that inhibit growth of biological contaminants in structures.
• Sustainability. Seal materials that never dry out or harden, providing a longer lasting, more energy efficient seal with less replacement material and labor.
• Recycling: Waste from Seal-Tite™ applications is reprocessed, and TPV extrusions are 100 percent recyclable.
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member