Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

<span class="ev_code_RED">Really Cool: '07 Workhorse Chassis Changes Enhance Air Conditioning Among Other Benefits</span>

UNION CITY, IN, October 16, 2006 " Building on its expertise in cooling systems, Workhorse Custom Chassis has significantly upgraded its chassis cool pack for its 2007 model year chassis, which are now in production. The changes affect the Workhorse W20, W22, W24 and W25.5 platforms and contribute to the design of the new Workhorse UFO chassis cooling system.

The result is "a dash air conditioning system that is more efficient and reliable than on previous models," said Dirk Steyn, Workhorse vice president of engineering. "At the same time, we've managed to reduce the complexity of the cooling system, which translates into improved reliability, reduced weight and improved serviceability of the system. What the consumer will notice most, though, is the cooler air blowing out of the dash air conditioner."

The "new" Workhorse W-Series Cool Pack

The new cool pack design has a transmission fluid cooler and oil cooler incorporated into the radiator's side tanks, which contain high-efficiency turbulators. This eliminates the auxiliary oil and transmission fluid coolers located in front of the radiator that obstruct air flow. The improved air flow also eliminates the need for the auxiliary cooling fans in front of the radiator. The new configuration was successfully tested in various situations in Death Valley, where ambient temperatures rose to 116 degrees Fahrenheit.

The result is a system with fewer parts, which reduces the chance of leaks and damage to fins on coolers from debris and other sources. This makes the Workhorse cooling system even more reliable.

At the same time, a larger and more efficient condenser is less affected by heat in the new coolpack configuration, contributing to a cooler running air conditioner.

"We know that motor homes are subject to some exceptional climate and driving challenges, such as the deserts and mountains we saw in Death Valley," said Steyn. "So we pay a lot of attention to cooling. Our work in this area has yielded some significant results."

Similar changes were incorporated into the cooling system of the new Workhorse UFO rear-engine chassis that's now in production. The initial gasoline-powered Workhorse UFO was also tested in Death Valley to Workhorse's satisfaction. "There have been concerns about cooling a gas rear-engine chassis," said Steyn. "But our new coolpack design lays them to rest. The Workhorse UFO is made to handle the heat."

Previous Workhorse advances in cooling include the cooling system developed for Workhorse's R Series rear-engine diesel chassis several years ago. It was the first motor home chassis that could effectively cool a 400 horsepower engine from the rear. The '07 changes add to Workhorse's success at efficiently packaging existing technology into new chassis solutions.

"We are always looking for ways to do more with fewer parts," concluded Steyn. "The '07 cooling changes yield three significant benefits: improved air conditioning; a more reliable chassis that provides extra security on the road; a chassis that is easier and less costly to maintain."

Other changes for the 2007 chassis models include a new look for the message center in the instrument cluster. The font size for the PRND123 indicator is bigger and drivers now have multiple lighting choices they can customize for improved visibility. For improved driver comfort, adjustable brake and gas pedals have also been added as an option on Workhorse W20, W22, W24 and W25.5 chassis. They are standard on the Workhorse UFO.

Workhorse Custom Chassis

Workhorse Custom Chassis is ISO 9001 certified and a leader in the manufacture of chassis for motor homes, walk-in trucks and buses. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Truck and Engine Corporation. International produces IC brand school buses, school bus chassis, mid-range diesel engines, International brand medium and heavy trucks, and severe service vehicles. International also provides parts and service sold under the International brand. Both Workhorse and International are subsidiaries of Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV). For additional information call 877-294-6773 or visit Workhorse.com.

-- End --
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Yo Hakbar lips, it's about time ain't it ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
..... it's about time ain't it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh Great One! "Rome eram non constructum una dies"
Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
yea, it took 2 days

Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 AM   #5

I could use your input.
I have a new 2007 33 Voyage with a 2007 workhorse. Love this oombo. w-20

1-- right from the get go the dash air was not cooling well if at all. Crossroads RV under workhorse repalaced the compresser. it was better but air never condences, I have never seen any water drips comming from the tube, under the condenser. tube is not blocked.

On the way home from this repair. The Trany light commes on and locks up in 4th gear. Try and start up at a trafic light in forth to get off the road is not real easy. Called workhourse tha thy say that air and trany are not connected. Coach sat for 5 min turned off while I called useing cell phone. Decided to see it trany light was still on. Light off and trany seemed just find. Drove it back to Crossroads. They didn't see any codes and test the air and said it was up to 300lbs pressure and evecuted the air system and eveything should by fine.
2.-- Went on a trip to SC form Cape Cod Mass. Drove pretty much straight through. Notice it was hot out. 97 degrees and dash air was not even close to cooling us off. Next thing I notice is the coach shifting and I'm in fourth gear again and trany light is on. Let coach sit for five min everything seems fine. Take it to workhorse center and they get no codes again and find the air needs more coolent. they recommend I take it ir to allison. Workhourse say no. They should call there tec and there has been some issur with the 2007 w-20 they should try first.

3.--Im back at Crossroads now and they have my coach and today there is a workhouse rep comming to see my coach.

4. Should the air condence mositure in humid weath? yes or no.
5. My radiator looks like it has a tran cooler in front of the normal radiator?? (lower bottom)
6. Tec in SC wondered where the auillary fans where?
Drove all the way home and no problem. cant duplicate the tran light come on.
8. Are there any other 2007 w-20 having simmiler issues?

Work horse wanted to know if i was in the mountains pulling a car etc. None of these are the case, I on 95 south most of the trip. don't tow, and didn't go up any mountains.
I fact it was after comming off the highway and in traffic. Water temp just perfect. no indication of any overheating, smell etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

John
roadtrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
..... it's about time ain't it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh Great One! "Rome eram non constructum una dies" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SØ , lo solo ha preso uno variegato

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Huh !

PS Gooooo SOX

Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike, If the Romans built my dash it would be a reliable, readable piece of equipment.

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
Mike, If the Romans built my dash it would be a reliable, readable piece of equipment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I thought we were talking about cool packs!

Speaking about that the new 2007 dash it's more reliable and readbale.

Things get better every year, it just takes time.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I still say some MFG's have a wiring problem. To many get changed out for same people.
OK lets the SOX WON!!! Now back to the cool ones as we wait on the PAT's
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
Mike, If the Romans built my dash it would be a reliable, readable piece of equipment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I thought we were talking about cool packs!

Speaking about that the new 2007 dash it's more reliable and readbale.

Things get better every year, it just takes time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, I was referencing the engineering prowess of the ancient Romans...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote