Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ghostrider, I asked about the color as we were thinking of ordering a 32H with the same color. We are scheduled to seal a deal tomorrow afternoon and get one on order. After test driving one on the lot I found the turn signal camera to be somewhat distracting. Do you like them and belive they are worth the money?
Thanks,
Jon
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Congrats very nice rig ENJOY!!
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Jasper,
Yes, sometime the turnsignal cameras are distracting but I have found that they really do give you good information without the blind spots. However it is very difficult to be trying to look at your rear view mirror, look out the window and see the screen shot of your turnsignal camera at the same time.

Another good thing about them is that they could be used to see who is outside your unit when someone comes knocking before you open the door.

Good luck with getting your unit ordered. We have been well pleased with ours, just haven't been able to use it as much as I want to. Work keeps getting in the way.

Austin
Old 02-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Jasper, I forgot to answer your question!!

Yes, we would get the turnsignal cameras again if I ordered another unit. It is helpful and gives me a little peace of mind regarding folks outside my unit at night knocking on my door (friend or foe). Don't have to turn on the turn signal to use the camera.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks ghostrider. One last question. Are you happy with the Power Gear levelers and slide outs? I'm a little nervous about the full wall slide on the 32H. My current Brave has no slides and going from none to the entire side of the motor home sliding out is causing some anxiety.
Thanks,
Jon
Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Jasper,
I have never had a full length slide on any 5th wheel, class C, or my class A Winnebago. My unit has three slides, two of which are hydraulic and one is electric. The heavier slides are hydraulic and work fine. Unless you have seen where several folks have had issues with full length slides in their Winnebago/Itasca class A's I think you should be fine.

My disclaimer is that there can be issues with anything, no matter what. But Winnebago does a good job of standing behind their product and to me that is what is important.

Personally the full length slide would not stand in my way if that is the unit you like.

Austin
Old 02-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Jasper, I keep forgetting to answer all your questions. Guess I might as well go ahead and retire now - it might give me a better excuse.

The Power Gear levelers have worked fine, no problems. Just remember the right sequence: parking brake on, then auto level, then slides out when setting up. When taking down reverse it: slides in, jacks up, release parking brake. And all the other things you get to do when setting up and taking down.

Austin
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #22

Hey Ghostrider

You make it sound so exciting
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ice-Man it is fun for the DW and me . It will be more fun when we can go more often as there are lots of sights to see and streams to fish. We enjoy sitting around a campfire with a good cup of coffee visiting with friends in the evening.

Our style is more state and national parks/campgrounds where we can have dutch oven biscuits and other cast iron meals outside.

And it is still exciting for us after all these years.

Austin
Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jasper,don't worry about the jacks,but be 'patient',that's been my trouble,me in a big hurry.If I give the jacks a chance to do their magic,all is well,especially when retracting.With the big slide,I must admit that I get nervous too,but as of yet,almost a year and a half and ten thousand miles,knock on wood,no troubles at all with the slides,and other than a water leak in the windshield and a leak in the air extension for one of the inner to the outer rear tires,my coach has been good to go.I would buy it again.
PS,Beautiful unit ghostrider,best of luck and thousands of happy 'S'miles

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
ghostrider and Whaler,
Thanks for the responses. I must admit patients is sometimes not one of my strongest virtues and does at times get me into trouble. I believe Nancy and I are ready to sign the paper work and get the new rig on order. The hardest part for me is our Brave has been so much fun and trouble free I'm having a hard time giving it up for an unkown. You guys have made me feel better.
Thanks,
Jon
Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Well Jasper, have you taken that step yet? You do know that after you get it ordered that time will almost stand still. It will take three days for 24 hours to pass.

Hope everything works out great for you.

Austin
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I believe Nancy and I are ready to sign the paper work and get the new rig on order.
Jon, Congratulations on your impending contract closing! I waited for my new motorhome to come in from the factory and it seemed like it took forever. Have fun and here's wishing you many happy miles!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
ghostrider,
Yes we, put an order in for the 32H. Dark sage with cedar edge interior. Now the wait begins. Thanks for all your help. I think Nancy is more excited than I am if thats possible.
Jon