Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #29

Congrats on the new manor on wheels. I suppose a new expedition with some gold panning and spelunking is in order now.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you very much. We are looking forward to traveling a great deal. Don't know about the spelunking though. I was never much on tight spaces and get a bit claustrophobic! lol. Gold....that sounds like a winner!
Thanks again for the congrats. Travel safe!
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on new coach. this could be the brother to mine. Same model and creature comforts. Enjoy!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sweeeeet!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Very, very nice. Congratulations and enjoy your travels.
darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Good luck... The coach is a beauty, get out and enjoy especially the Grand Kids
Old 11-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #35

VERY Nice coach!

And welcome to the forum as well!

What was the deciding factor on going w/the Expedition if I can ask?

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Expedition Decision

Our decision to buy the Expedition was based on a few things. The first thing is the sleeping capacity of 6. This was a must have. We traveled previously in a 36 foot Cameo 5th wheel. The 5th wheel had things like duel lazy boy love seat, ceiling fan, fireplace, pull out drawers in the tall narrow kitchen area that we will truly miss. The quality of the Cameo was very nice but only slept 4. We wanted something that would handle my two children and grandchildren if we decided to do a family trip. I grew up camping and want to be sure I pass the experiences and love of camping down to the next generations. We also looked at the bunk areas as additional storage when the kids are not with us and liked the additional inside space for stowing items.
Other deciding factors include the full size residential fridge and freezer, true tile floor for easy cleaning, quality and feel of the furniture, and over all quality of the coach inside. It has the full wall slide and one additional kitchen slide. I wanted two slides across from each other to maximize the feel of space inside when parked. I also wanted to minimize slides to minimize the potential for slide problems which the Cameo had and required custom built rails to prevent problems so I guess I am a little paranoid of slide issues.
Another big factor regarding Fleetwood was after doing research on coaches that have the Freightliner chassis and Allison trans, I did not want anything else. I am hoping we have many years and miles of few problems if any with this choice. I was originally looking at Tiffin models. One of the biggest reasons I went with Fleetwood was that the Tiffin here in Virginia did not want to trade both the fifth wheel and truck for the coach. That turned into a positive because after looking at the FWs, we decided we liked the Expedition best even above the Tiffin. We did not move up in the FW bunk house models as the next level up was approximately 50k more in price. I just couldn't find the 50k when comparing the two. This allowed us also to have the number work better for us. I had a lot of equity in the Ford and we were very happy once the deal was done.
Based on what we found in the market, the Expedition more than takes care of our needs and wants.
I am looking forward to getting a Tandem Tow Dolly for the coach. My two dogs (Brittany and Beagle) love to ride in our golf cart.
Hope this little bit of information answers your question. Take care!
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood