Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Picked up the new Allegro on 4/9 and drove back to Biloxi on 4/11 from Atlanta. Looking forward to many good times in it as we had in our Travel Supreme 5th wheel.Allegro 2007
IRVTrekin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Picked up the new Allegro on 4/9 and drove back to Biloxi on 4/11 from Atlanta. Looking forward to many good times in it as we had in our Travel Supreme 5th wheel.Allegro 2007
Old 04-18-2007, 04:05 AM   #3

Congrats,
From all I`ve read, Tiffen is a first rate manufacturer.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just trying to post the picture to see how it comes out.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #5

Very nice. Campground looks great too. What made you switch from a fiver to a m/h?

& 2 DD's, plus the yellow camping labs.
Sundevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey IRVTrekin2,

It looks great, Best of Luck, and most important get out and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy !!!!! I have heard a lot of good things about Tiffen, and they are on my list of rigs to check out when I get the next one in a year or two!!! Again best of luck & enjoy !!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #7

Congratulations and best of luck with your new Tiffin. We hope you have many happy and safe traveling miles. Take care - John
Old 04-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sundevil,

Load carrying capacity much more in the MH.
Couldn't add a generator to the 5th wheel or the one ton dually, would of been over weight.
Got about 10MPG pulling the 5th wheel and 15MPG in the F350 by itself. The MH is getting 6-8 pulling the Vue and the Vue get about 27MPG unhooked. The F350 crew cab, LWB, dually wouldn't fit in a lot of downtown parking places and hardly any parking garages, the Vue fits anywhere. Of course one of the important reasons, the grandkids love riding in what they call the bus. We really did like our 5th wheel, in fact the quality of it was higher than the Allegro. It was a really well built unit.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #9

Congrats on the new Allegro 34 WA. I'm looking to buy the same model in a few months. I would really like your impressions about anything you are willing to talk about. Good Luck
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
D in Davie

Tiffin builds quality coaches, and Allegro being the entry level MH they build, has a much highter quality level than most entry level MH's. Our Travel Supreme 5th wheel was a much higher quality, but it was a top of the line, not and entry level. All the cabinets and vanities were hand made by the Amish. Had an artic package with dual pane windows. To get the same level of quality in a MH, I would of had to spend over $200,000. I have been to both the factories and they both do good work.
There are a lot of thing we like about the Allegro, both the inside and outside storage are great. We have the built in vacuum cleaner system that my wife really likes. The semi automatic satellite is a nice option also. If you look under the Workhorse Custom Chassis Motorhome Forum you can see a post I put there on the handling of this unit. The post heading is W20 Handling. I have ordered a Rear Trac Bar from Brazel's RV Performance. I am hoping after I install it it will finally correct the problem, because we really like the coach.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:40 AM   #11
paz

IRVTrekin2, congrats on your new coach. Love the one-piece windshield and I wish we had that feature in our Bay. The Bay was the last of the Tiffin lineup to get it, 2 years after we bought ours.

We are certainly happy with our Tiffin. We love the small, family-owned company feel of Tiffin. Bob Tiffin's reputation is legendary.

I added a Henderson rear track bar to our W24 to improve the handling and it made a big improvement. Our 37DB is pretty heavy in the rear with a fairly long overhang and the optional washer/dryer in the back. The track bar does a good job of keeping the rear axle in line and I'm sure the one from Brazel's will do the same thing for you. The other thing that helps is just gaining more experience driving the coach. You will learn to anticipate how the coach will react to your steering corrections and to not over correct.

Best wishes and enjoy!
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:51 AM   #12

Fantastic looking new rig- the very best of luck to you! You will find the folkks at Red Bay most helpfull and supportive should you run into any difficulties with your Allegro.
Terbie, Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote