Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2016, 05:41 AM   #1

Another Concord 300DS is on the road!

We picked up our new Concord on Thursday in SC, spent the night in a WM parking lot and got it home to NC on Friday. Loving it so far. This is the wife and my first motor home. I have been messing about with RV's for over 35 years. I have had a couple of motor homes in the past, along with quite a few TT's, TC's and PU's. So far this one is the best yet. We traded our small Coleman CM16FBS on it.

Down the road we go!

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 05:46 AM   #2

Great looking coach, thanks for sharing the picture. Hope you both get lots of miles of great memories!
Old 02-28-2016, 05:58 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice!! Congratulations!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
unw1red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:43 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Wow congrats. I know exactly how you feel !! We got one about a month ago and we love it
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #5

Very nice look at that baby shine.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Happy to see a few more 300DSs around. We bought ours last October and finally took it on it's maiden voyage in Feb. It seems like the perfect size for us, big enough to have 4 people and 4 dogs inside for dinner and a movie yet nimble enough to comfortably navigate a crowded grocery store parking lot. I was thoroughly impressed with the way it handled the hills in TN, I'd look over at my wife and grin, she'd ask what was so funny and I'd just say this thing continues to amaze me at how well it drives.

LSVLance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSVLance View Post
Happy to see a few more 300DSs around. We bought ours last October and finally took it on it's maiden voyage in Feb. It seems like the perfect size for us, big enough to have 4 people and 4 dogs inside for dinner and a movie yet nimble enough to comfortably navigate a crowded grocery store parking lot. I was thoroughly impressed with the way it handled the hills in TN, I'd look over at my wife and grin, she'd ask what was so funny and I'd just say this thing continues to amaze me at how well it drives.
Nice! I like the alloy wheels you have! Those are on my upgrade list.

I am going to start a thread to keep track of the running mods, I am well on my way.

We only have one medium dog we travel with so we should have plenty of room... if I can keep my wife from filling up ALL the cabinets!

Aaron
Old 03-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Very nice. Best of luck with it.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSVLance View Post

It's always time for a good bloodymary.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great looking Concord!
JBYNUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:46 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Very nice. Great body paint colors. You'll have great times ahead. Safe travels.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #12

Very nice!!

My wife and I have been looking for well over a month at purchasing our first rv. After a lot of searching (mostly on the internet) we really like the Concord 300DS. However, after physically looking at the RV dealers in our area, I am starting to think these coaches only exist on the internet . They are no where to be found in our part of the country. We have made some inquiries with out of state dealerships and have learned the prices range between $79,999 to $130,000. This has been a fun and interesting experience for what I hope to be our initial purchase. We have looked for used as well but have not had much success in that area as well.

Congratulations on your purchase. Being the rookie, any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

C
Bruce65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:11 AM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce65 View Post
Very nice!!

My wife and I have been looking for well over a month at purchasing our first rv. After a lot of searching (mostly on the internet) we really like the Concord 300DS. However, after physically looking at the RV dealers in our area, I am starting to think these coaches only exist on the internet . They are no where to be found in our part of the country. We have made some inquiries with out of state dealerships and have learned the prices range between $79,999 to $130,000. This has been a fun and interesting experience for what I hope to be our initial purchase. We have looked for used as well but have not had much success in that area as well.

Congratulations on your purchase. Being the rookie, any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
We ran into the same issue here Bruce, the dealers around KC barely carried ANY Class C's at all.

I'm not sure where you are but a trip to Alvarado, TX (about 45 minutes South of Dallas) is well worth it to put your fingers on a TON of different Class Cs (and many others as well). Texas RV Dealer, Used RVs for sale, motorhome sales, new RVs

Great place to shop, huge inventory on hand and the best part is their great prices.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce65 View Post
Very nice!!

C
There aren't too many of them out there. When we purchased ours in Ridgeland, SC we were passing through on our way home from Orlando. At that time there were 3 listed in the south east, one in Georgia, one in Myrtle Beach and ours. There are even fewer used units out there. We had stopped at Dick Gore in J'ville to look at a Lexington they had. Stopped back on our way north and decided it wasn't for us. They had a used Concord that had just come in. It still shows on their website if you are interested.

Aaron