Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #1

First RV - 2008 Winnebago Voyage

Just joined the forum and wanted to share our first RV. My wife and I are from Alaska but are in Southern California for a couple years with my job. When we came down last year, we found out my wife was pregnant with our first so we started talking about the best way to see and do everything we wanted to. I owned an airplane in Alaska, but knew it would be a few years before that became useful for the family again. Decided on an RV, sold the plane, shopped for a few months, went to shows, decided what we wanted, and bought our first rig in November.

Since November we've tried to get out twice a month for long weekends, and have put ~3000 miles on it so far. Just got back from our first trip with the little guy this weekend, he's 6 weeks now

We're definitely on the lower end of the RV demographics, I'm 27 and my wife is 30. We get the occasional funny look and our RV neighbors always seem to like it when they find out we're already enjoying the RV lifestyle.

Rig is a 2008 Winnebago Voyage on the W24 Chassis. So far I've added the Ultrapower Pkg, a Travel'r Dish setup and will soon be replacing the shocks with the KONI FSDs. Love the rig so far.

Chris, Jenni, Henry and Max the dog

Mr. Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #2

Just sold a 1998 Maule myself..And welcome to the RV world..I moved over from boats/planes and am really enjoying it ..ALOT....

Welcome to the forum..Where is the park where the picture shows the MH right along the surf?? Great spot.....

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #3

Love all the pictures you posted! I am so glad you are starting to enjoy the rv life style so early! Your motorhome is beautiful! We started young with our kids and made alot of memories. Happy travels.
mollyabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great Pictures and cute babies......
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Great pics, especially of the kiddo and welcome! We get those looks also and we're both 40! But we didn't want to wait to enjoy rv'ing, we want to enjoy it for as long as we can...we love it! We make short weekend trips also, which Texas is perfect for! Enjoy life now!
TxRVMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1209 View Post
Welcome to the forum..Where is the park where the picture shows the MH right along the surf?? Great spot.....

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca
Steve, the park is Jalama Beach. First come and it's about 15 miles of winding road through central coast farmland. No cell reception either, very cool spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4fun View Post
Great Pictures and cute babies......
Thanks, we're very blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyabby View Post
Love all the pictures you posted! I am so glad you are starting to enjoy the rv life style so early! Your motorhome is beautiful! We started young with our kids and made alot of memories. Happy travels.
Thanks, we're definitely enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRVMan View Post
Great pics, especially of the kiddo and welcome! We get those looks also and we're both 40! But we didn't want to wait to enjoy rv'ing, we want to enjoy it for as long as we can...we love it! We make short weekend trips also, which Texas is perfect for! Enjoy life now!
Thanks, looking forward to lots of trips with our kids.
Mr. Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Congrats on your new RV. We are young and new owners ourselves with a 3 and 6 yr old. We've talked to more Rvers on trips then our own neighbors at home. It's really a great community of people young and old.
drindone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice rig, beautiful dog, and the start of a wonderful family. That is being rich beyond dreams, and it has nothing to do with money. Many happy and safe journeys.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Congrats on the rig...and what a beautiful baby.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Chris, congratulations on the family, dog and coach. Awesome parking spot overlooking the ocean.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #11

Something to be proud of: Wife, kid, dog and not to forget, the new rig.

Van.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Alaska
Just joined the forum and wanted to share our first RV. My wife and I are from Alaska but are in Southern California for a couple years with my job. When we came down last year, we found out my wife was pregnant with our first so we started talking about the best way to see and do everything we wanted to. I owned an airplane in Alaska, but knew it would be a few years before that became useful for the family again. Decided on an RV, sold the plane, shopped for a few months, went to shows, decided what we wanted, and bought our first rig in November.

Since November we've tried to get out twice a month for long weekends, and have put ~3000 miles on it so far. Just got back from our first trip with the little guy this weekend, he's 6 weeks now

We're definitely on the lower end of the RV demographics, I'm 27 and my wife is 30. We get the occasional funny look and our RV neighbors always seem to like it when they find out we're already enjoying the RV lifestyle.

Rig is a 2008 Winnebago Voyage on the W24 Chassis. So far I've added the Ultrapower Pkg, a Travel'r Dish setup and will soon be replacing the shocks with the KONI FSDs. Love the rig so far.

Chris, Jenni, Henry and Max the dog
My gosh, you are blessed. At a young age and to be able to enjoy life in such a way. You both have a beautiful baby, a swell companion dog and oh yea that gorgeous motor home. Not mention each other.
God Bless and many happy miles and memories.
NuB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuB2 View Post
My gosh, you are blessed. At a young age and to be able to enjoy life in such a way. You both have a beautiful baby, a swell companion dog and oh yea that gorgeous motor home. Not mention each other.
God Bless and many happy miles and memories.

+2
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago