Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #1

Our house got flooded and we needed a place to stay . We were in a Hotel for a month . Then we found the flair . Been living in it for almost Two months . Fixed a few small issues with it . Turns out we like Living in the bus . It's a gasser 454 runs and drives great . Has 41 k on the odo . During the week it's in our driveway On weekends we take her out camping in different spots. It's a 1996 fleetwood flair
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3505576561.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	47255   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2117444212.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	651.8 KB
ID:	47256  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1038981712.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	47257  
Flair30h is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry about your troubles, but sounds like you're coping well.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome. You are doing well.

Attitude makes the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry about your flooding. I have been there, living on the Mississippi river for many years, I can relate to floods. I have sand bagged in many. Looks/sounds like you are doing fine and moving in the right direction. That is a really nice camping spot that you are in and nice MH. We wish the best for you whatever you do.
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry to hear of the problems to your house. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase of the Flair. Hope you enjoy your time in it but also hope you get the house issue resolved soon. Good Luck!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #6

Our house is well on its way insurance settled , the contractors have been hard at it for two months . Another month we should be back in our house . My wife has been like a kid in a candy store picking out colors and kitchen cabinets ect. And me I've been enjoying working on the rv . I resealed all the skylights and vents and painted the roof with hengs rubber roof coat. I replaced the sending unit for the temp gauge on the engine . I cleaned up the basement storage and repainted the steel in there (surface rust ) . I replaced the carpet in the bedroom . Had to work on the water heater too there was some rust on the piece the thermocouple is mounted on cleaned that up and added a ground wire to The thermocouple mount . Works like a champ now . I used to have a boat I've decided these things are basically boats with wheels .i replaced one of the airbags in the suspension too .
Flair30h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!

Glad you were able to find something so quickly. Hey, it's a place to live, and some of use choose to live in our coaches FT!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope everything continues to go well. Meanwhile you seem to be having a great time with your new coach. Congrats! Also, I know your wife is having fun, its great fun to remodel, and pick out new. Just wish it was for other reasons. Soon you will have two newly remodeled homes, the way you are working with the coach. You seem to be a guy that will just keep looking for more to do. Good luck to you both.
Karen
Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #9

A motorhome sure can prove to be a great lifeboat...pun intended. Now that I have mine, it opens up some very real possibilities for me in the sale or rental of my current property so I can move to something else.

Sounds like you have a good attitude about the whole thing...

P.S.

If I ever run across a 70's era Winnie Brave 20' in good overall condition, I doubt I'd have the strength to pass on it. Just love the vibe that rig exudes!! Classic in every way!
Bad Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time