Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
I wish I had my new MH!

I had my new MH less than 24hrs. I had to return it to the dealer after the slide motor and switch decided to heat up and give off a terrible burning odor. After cooling down I was able to retract the slide. I started the engine to retract the levelers so that I could return the coach, and low and behold, the rear drivers side leveler was sticking and after about 5 min. I was able to get the leveler all the way up. On the ride to the dealer my driver side mirror came lose to the point that it almost fell off. I found three more items for the dealer to fix. Three days later I get a recall letter from the factory on a wiper blade electronic problem. Going on a week and a half without my new coach. Anyone else out there with such problems?
tjsouth51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsouth51 View Post
I had my new MH less than 24hrs. I had to return it to the dealer after the slide motor and switch decided to heat up and give off a terrible burning odor. After cooling down I was able to retract the slide. I started the engine to retract the levelers so that I could return the coach, and low and behold, the rear drivers side leveler was sticking and after about 5 min. I was able to get the leveler all the way up. On the ride to the dealer my driver side mirror came lose to the point that it almost fell off. I found three more items for the dealer to fix. Three days later I get a recall letter from the factory on a wiper blade electronic problem. Going on a week and a half without my new coach. Anyone else out there with such problems?
Wow, first, this may be the wrong thread for this. Did all these items get checked before you left the dealer?

It's been a week and a half, have they given you an update on what they found?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You may hear stories of a new mh being at the dealer for six out of the first twelve months of ownership.

If you haven't been out for several days/nights yet, you're just beginning to find the problems.

It'll get better...in time.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #4

Agreed, I was where you were 12 months ago. Use it often and ride the dealer/manufacturer daily to get items addressed. 20,000 later and 5 trips in to get warranty work, I'm finally in my new coach!

Best of luck to you and yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
You may hear stories of a new mh being at the dealer for six out of the first twelve months of ownership.

If you haven't been out for several days/nights yet, you're just beginning to find the problems.

It'll get better...in time.
nwcanopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #5

All these issues are pretty normal on a new unit. Lots of factory QA issues. Mine is 7 months old and I am headed to Lazy Days again to get more repairs. I guess it will continue for a year. Good luck!!
Lault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Is Bacon's by the Sea still in operation in Ft. Wal. beach? Know the area many yrs. ago. More bad news Friday, may need another hyd. leveler replaced because it's sticking
Old 09-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #7

Bacons is long gone. They tore it down after Hurricane Opal tore it up and were going to build a condo. The bottom fell out of the market and the land is now woods. Lots of change here in the last 20 years.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
It's been over two weeks and on friday they told me the other hyd. leveler might need replaced since it's sticking. The other one was leaking hyd. fluid. I won't buy from them again.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #9

I am shocked that so much should go wrong so quickly.... and it sounds almost like its an expectation.... after spending 100's of 1000's of $$ I would expect better service and most definately priority service!
Bad luck TJ and hope all is mended soon so you can enjoy your money!!
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Man View Post
I am shocked that so much should go wrong so quickly.... and it sounds almost like its an expectation.... after spending 100's of 1000's of $$ I would expect better service and most definately priority service!
Bad luck TJ and hope all is mended soon so you can enjoy your money!!

The lesson I learned is to buy a coach that someone else bought off the lot and lived in for a year. Get it with all the warranty work done. I've spent over $300 in gas just taking it in for warranty work... and lost hours of my life.

Just my 2 cents.
nwcanopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #11

Just try to get an AC fixed; started in July, now after seven trips to get it fixed, it"s in the shop now with the dash tore apart.
it"s my toad
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #12

These class A,s seem to be broke more often than not. It is nuts. I have spent $700 in fuel on repairs and weeks of my time.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
just got it back after 29 days, (Lemon Law 30 or more days). Still not right, and they didn't fix everything as asked. Getting an attorney. Tim
Old 10-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsouth51 View Post
just got it back after 29 days, (Lemon Law 30 or more days). Still not right, and they didn't fix everything as asked. Getting an attorney. Tim
Thats great. I have some friends that are attorneys and not a one of them can fix my motorhome. Where did you find one?

Seriously, once the dealer finds out you're getting an attorney all work will most likely stop on trying to solve/fix your problems. If thats okay then I would suggest getting use to the fact you will be using your rv in the condition its in and wait several years for your case to wander through the legal system since its already bogged down with these kind of cases.

I wish you luck and it saddens me that our country has become so litigious.