Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #1

Music is home at last

O frabjous day, callooh callay! Last Thursday I went to Lazydays to take delivery on my new-to-me motorhome. I arrived at noon and spent a couple of hours getting walked through it and getting functions demonstrated to me and trying it myself and getting dirty. The service dept. was to get my car in the A.M. to turn it into a toad while I played with all my new toys. I had a fine evening and slept well.

Friday morning went as planned. At 3 p.m. I was asked if I was supposed to get auxiliary brakes. I said "Are you serious?". So the word was that there was a mistake somewhere, but it couldn't be fixed until tomorrow (Saturday). Okay, no big deal, I wasn't gonna leave at the crack of dawn anyway. The mistake was on paper only - the work had been done.

Saturday morning I go off to breakfast and they take the coach to add the wiring for the aux. brakes. Back at my site my whole rigamarole is waiting for me along with a technician who taught me how to hitch and unhitch and how the brakes work, etc. Then he took everything apart and parked both vehicles and told me to start from scratch. Cool. I'm excited. I climb in and start the coach and the dreaded SERVICE ENGINE SOON light comes on and won't go off. I am not going anywhere with this darn light on. Everyone agrees with me and off to the chassis dept. we go, thinking it's probably a simple reset that wasn't done when the engine was serviced.

Later, after lunch, they call me to say it appears to only be firing on 9 cylinders and they think it's just a bad wire and as soon as they figure out which one it is I'll be on my way. At 2:30 I called the service dept. to tell them they'd have to be done by 3 or I'd have to stay another night. The chassis dept. has Sunday off. ~~sigh~~ A very long, boring evening.

Sunday I took myself into Tampa to the Lowry Park Zoo and to Walmart for another change of clothing. Monday was spent just hanging around waiting, reading, making friends with everyone's furbabies. At 2 p.m. they call me to tell me they have tried everything they know how to do and they can't figure out what is wrong. They put in a call to Ford and were waiting to hear from them. Back to Walmart for another tee shirt. Ford wants them to bring it over (next door, thankfully!) in the morning.

This morning while I ate breakfast Ford fixed it. It was some minor bug that fixed itself when they ran their diagnostics and "rebooted" my coach systems. I was on my way by 1:35. I had the pleasure of rush hour in Kissemmee and St. Cloud, where I got to be pretty good at judging stopping distances. I was tense and scared, which is tiring, but it wasn't bad at all, and I'm sure it's going to be great fun.

Her name is Music, her surname is Independence. She is a descendent of the Gulf Stream family. She was born in 2005 and is a class A gasser. She's 36 feet long on a Ford V10 chassis with 3 sliders. Here are her first pictures:
bertnspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations on your new coach. May you have many years and miles of trouble free enjoyment out of it. When DW and left Lazy Days after buying our coach there, it was 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. That was some experience. Safe travels.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the new rig, too bad about the issues and the delays, that should be forgotten quickly as you enjoy it. Our's just went in for a new paint job. My hubby has to have more shine!! 2002 Dutchstar will look like a new one soon.
KRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nice looking coach, congrats
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Super nice coach. Lots of miles and friends to be made. Safe travels.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks Sharp!! One day I will own one as nice as this
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well,, Shall we re-write the song

"Lazy Daze are here again
The RV's on the road again
There is no place I can't drive my friend
Now Lazy Daze are heare again.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the beautiful new coach! I wish you many years of traveling fun!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Congrats to you on your rig...very nice....
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote