Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
New 2020 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44H

After several years of planning we bought our first RV in summer of 2016 and it was a new 2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40E. We live in our RV about half of the year and then winter in AZ. About 2 months ago we heard the 2020 Discovery 44H was selling at a price point we could meet. After buying the first one in hurry (sold WA house and still needed to work there for another year) we wanted to order one and get exactly what we wanted. That didn't workout and glad we didn't really try that. We'd be stuck waiting. We've had it long enough to finish assembling it, yes the factory only does a partial assembly in case you didn't know. Should be hitting the road in a couple weeks. The difference between the two coaches is night an day and can't wait to just drive it! Independent front suspension and V-Ride are amazing. We don't have a lot of interior pics so I used some dealer pictures. We have a credenza instead of the horseshoe dining booth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5e5fa0746896de7c7f344931.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	281780   Click image for larger version

Name:	5e5fa0796896de7c7f344949.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	281781  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5e5fa0736896de7c7f34492c.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	281782   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_174644.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	281783  

ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Congrats Beautiful rig Enjoy!!
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #3

Beautiful
Congratulations
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #4

Beautiful Coach.

Congratulations!
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:23 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Mighty nice!
Safe travels and enjoyment!!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #6

Very nice.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Congratulations! That's just beautiful. Wishing you many happy miles.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:09 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
We're looking at going from a 2017 40D to the 44B. Glad to hear your experience so far has been good. Keep us posted on how it drives when/if we can all get back on the road
tscarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:24 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscarps View Post
We're looking at going from a 2017 40D to the 44B. Glad to hear your experience so far has been good. Keep us posted on how it drives when/if we can all get back on the road
So far I've driven it about 150 miles. There are many things that make this a nicer coach. Not sure about yours but our 2017 was built in May of 2016 and one of the very first built. It took 2 years and a trip to the factory to get all the leaks stopped. The biggest difference for us is the V-Ride in the rear and the 44's have independent front suspension. The pitch and roll that you would experience in a 2017 is almost gone. Also you get bigger, softer tires going from the 275/70 to the 275/80.

The dash squeaking in our 2017 used to drive me nuts and being engineer I had planned a fix by drilling through the dash and bolting it firmly together. That is exactly what they did on the 2020 and the mouse in the dash is gone.

I liked Truma and ours worked well but the Aquahot is really nice, although I've only used it briefly. Firefly comes standard with and App to control it. The shower has real glass and real tile floors and walls. The tile on the floor, throughout the coach, is a much better quality with the 2017 sharp edges gone. Three pass thru bays instead of 2 is also nice. I think they all come with the Technology Package which included about 2.5 times the wattage of the 2017. Did I mention that the furniture is actually usable. A lot more usable storage in the bedroom. More on storage later.

What I don't like: We had to get the drop-down loft to get an available coach. It is useless in its current state. That big box has about a 3/4 inch pad for a mattress. The half-bath is smaller although I got told I'm not allowed to use it because I'm too messy. The storage in the kitchen seems less usable than our 40E but the jury is still out on that one. There doesn't appear to be any direct control over the air in the chassis. Leveling is all one button. It lets the air out and then levels. Your front wheels have to be perfectly straight before leveling or you'll crush your fenders when it deflates. The MobileEye system isn't part of Freightliner so it is a stand alone unit with its own display. It doesn't display in the dash. Cost! If your coach is in reasonable shape you can swag about $170k plus your coach at LeMesa/WalmartRV. Of course depending on state taxes and registration will vary. I think that figure had our taxes and title in it.

Ok so what do I miss? We had the 2017 40E that had a huge pantry and the jury is still out on the storage in general. There is a lot of it but we have to get used to it. The bed is remote only which is a little freaky.

What have I had to fix? The fender skirt around the rear wheels, drive side, came loose. The bed didn't travel far enough up the wall so the slide would keep breaking the foot board of the bed off. Compared to the 2017 this section is pretty short.

I'm glad we had the opportunity to get this and can't wait to actully get out and enjoy it and the low cost diesel. If you do go look at one and they tell you it is all electric, ask them why you still have to put diesel in it.
ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I appreciate this thorough reply. Your likes reinforced what we are looking for. Your dislikes are good food for thought as we take a second look. We are a little ways off from making the jump but glad to hear it is good so far.

Thank you!
Old 04-17-2020, 08:20 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats on a great looking rig.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscarps View Post
I appreciate this thorough reply. Your likes reinforced what we are looking for. Your dislikes are good food for thought as we take a second look. We are a little ways off from making the jump but glad to hear it is good so far.

Thank you!
That didn't workout and glad we didn't really try that. We'd be stuck waiting. We've had it long enough to finish assembling it, yes the factory only does a partial assembly in case you didn't know. Should be hitting the road in a couple weeks. The difference between the two coaches is night an day and can't wait to just drive it! Independent front suspension and V-Ride are amazing. We don't have a lot of interior pics so I used some dealer pictures. We have a credenza instead of the horseshoe dining booth.
eliotrasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:35 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotrasi View Post
That didn't workout and glad we didn't really try that. We'd be stuck waiting. We've had it long enough to finish assembling it, yes the factory only does a partial assembly in case you didn't know. Should be hitting the road in a couple weeks. The difference between the two coaches is night an day and can't wait to just drive it! Independent front suspension and V-Ride are amazing. We don't have a lot of interior pics so I used some dealer pictures. We have a credenza instead of the horseshoe dining booth.
What didn't work out?
Old 04-22-2020, 04:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotrasi View Post
That didn't workout and glad we didn't really try that. We'd be stuck waiting. We've had it long enough to finish assembling it, yes the factory only does a partial assembly in Lucky Patcher Kodi nox case you didn't know. Should be hitting the road in a couple weeks. The difference between the two coaches is night an day and can't wait to just drive it! Independent front suspension and V-Ride are amazing. We don't have a lot of interior pics so I used some dealer pictures. We have a credenza instead of the horseshoe dining booth.
eliotrasi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood