Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #15

Li😨
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #16

Little hint. Running the Genny means under load, not just running. If you have it plugged in 110v at home , unplug it and put a load on the genset. Very important.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #17

Welcome aboard, and congrats on your "new" coach. Our first motorhome was a 2003 Damon Daybreak 3270, and we sure made a lot of great family memories in it. We now have a Newmar Dutch Star and love it. Your kids will never forget the memories that you all are about to make. Have fun, and safe travels.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #18

Foretravel Owners Club
Just a few suggestion..
Rodents like a warm environment during fall/winter/spring.
Go to Home Depot or Lowes (or any farm store) and get a fair amount of rodent repellent (not bait) and a can or three of weather resistant expanding foam.
Then crawl under the coach and seal every nook and cranny that you can find, and sprinkle the repellent freely.... also find the fresh air intake for the dash heat/AC. Then cover the inlet with fine mesh screening.. mice will use this as an entrance into the coach as well..
Good luck and happy trails
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:55 PM   #19

You were saying it was 10 degrees. The A/C won't kick in but when I do my "exercise " here in Colorado I hook my space heaters up and let the genny warm things up a bit. I have 50 amp service at home so I stay plugged in whenever we are home. Have a wonderful time!
Old 06-04-2017, 07:18 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You will eventually find many more uses for your "new to you" home on wheels.
You can have a bigger crowd stay over at your house. Now you have the extra room.

If a family member were to have an extended stay at the hospital, as we have, there is your mobile hotel room, or get away spot, that you can gain comfort from.

Most hospitals have lots of extra parking. Usually away from the entrance, but plenty of room. In bigger hospitals, they may have electric hook ups for RV's.

Plus, in an emergency situation, your RV can be your best bet for getting your family out of a troubled area.

How did you do? You did just fine. Hopefully, all your travels will create lasting positive memories for your family.

Welcome to irv2.com
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Well...? It's June! Tell us about your first few trips!? How has it gone? Where all have you been and does your family love it as much as you knew they would? We want to hear "the rest of the story!" [emoji16]
Old 06-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #22

First few trips

Thanks for all of the replies wveryone! I've taken all of the great advice here and applied it as best i can. We have had a great first 6 weeks of using it. We have a campground 30 min away where our friwnds stay, so we've spent 4 weekends in it there so far, catching fish, swimming, playing cornhole and (ahem) having some beers around the campfire once the kids are tuxked away in bed.

We have one trip planned for June, we're gping to cedar point for the weekend, which is an amusement park here in Ohio. Cant wait!

Mechanically, a few small issues. Replaced my charging unit at the same time i put the new house batteries in with a 3 stage charger. Replaced the fuse panel at the aame time.

Autopark light came on, turned out to be the grey "light "switch, got that replaced and i have all the conponents sitting on my bench to build a genie box before our trip, thanks to Roger's instructions.
And spare awitches in the coach.
I think i mentioned before i had to replace that igniton switch and added the relay, haven't had any trouble there since.

Now im just slowly working on scraping and replacing all the caulk on the outside. Before the end of summer, im resurfacing the roof, even tho its in pretty good shape. Added a battery disconnect to the coach batteries..other fun things, like new speakers and flat screen, and a sweet alpine amp. I want to add some speakers in a storage conpartment for outside music too.

Gennie ia running great, exercise it once a month under load, minimum.

So she's a work in progress, but coming along. Family loves it. Its been great getting the kids away from the house on these nice weekends. Thanks again to everyone here, the advice and help has been indispensable!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_194816.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	164111  
C513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #23

Brings back memories of many years ago when our boys were young, and we took them camping. They still talk about those times, and they're 39 & 36!! Use it as much as you can. I think it's awesome!!!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Awesome! Proud for you and your family!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Smile Fellow Damon Owner!!

Great looking Damon motorhome! My first ever motorhome is a Damon Astoria 3374 which I purchased a couple of years ago. It is a huge upgrade over the 30 foot travel trailer I had.

Enjoy the motorhome especially while you have kids at home (I entered the empty nest phase a year ago). RVs, and especially motorhomes, are great for getting away from the stress and chaos of everyday life for a family to enjoy each other especially in a forested campground where creeks are flowing, fish are biting and the cell phone has no service!

Best wishes for safe, enjoyable travels!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote