Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Rig Show-Off!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 08:04 AM   #15

The Cummins engine was available on the International starting with the 2015 model year.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2022, 01:58 PM   #16

Nexus Rebel 2021

We had ours for almost a year and switch to 2022 Georgetown 36d7 with the new v8 and love it. Wish you luck and happy trails
Ace2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:31 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Congrats! If I were to buy a new coach, it would definitely be a super c.
NothWestJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:21 PM   #18

Nice clean, tidy rig. Get busy livin'!
Old 01-10-2023, 08:27 PM   #19

Thumbs up

Finally a post that is positive. I am pretty set of buying the 2023 Ghost 36DS. The jayco Senica is also on my list, but for some reason, I really like the Ghost!

Do you have any suggestions?
TahoeTops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:36 PM   #20
DMA

We are on our second RV.

The first, a new factory ordered 2015 WGO Navion Class C J Profile. we traveled 5 years and 83K miles. MB Sprinter diesel. The MB had at least 5 recalls over the years and wheel sensor issues. I had one engine code for an injector issue. It never left us stranded. We took it to Alaska and Nova Scotia and all points between. Collected 3500 dollars in the MB Blue TEC lawsuit.
Plenty of OEM vendor issues. Fridge had to be replaced, steps failed year one, and those are only the warranty related items. Bad black valve. Warranty. Fit and finish was so so. Did not care for the big over the cab window. Took a rock hit and was $1100 to replace. So I'm leary of those, I think the Seneca has one?

RV 2.
2021/2020 chassis. Preowned Ghost 33DS. Purchased from a Dealer. 10K miles.
Thought that maybe the preowned would be "debugged". Tow a Jeep Wrangler JL.
Fully serviced, Dealer said everything "worked" but we found later the water heater didn't work on electric. The furnace is erratic, but will usually take off eventually. As it was November in the SE we didn't "catch" either of these two items, dealer misrepresented, we didn't take the time to check it as it takes awhile to heat water electrically and it was hot so we were more interested in AC than the furnace. Buyer beware.
Prior to purchasing the Ghost, we looked at a new Wraith. Not impressed at all with fit and finish, passed on it.
The only other Ghost we looked at was a new one 36DS and frankly, I wasn't impressed with what I saw with the passenger side slide when "in". Lots of exposed staples and the slide itself and mechanism...well you need to look at that and see what you think.
The rest of the interior fit and finish isn't bad, just not great. The exterior paint they (Nexus) tout seems to easily chip.
I like the International Chassis. The air ride, air brakes, Cummins Allison has been good for our 10K miles so far. No issues.
I haven't done any stabilizer mods etc and don't plan on it. Probably new shocks next.
Others are doing Liquid Springs, Anti-Sway etc. Isn't it crazy? Spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a rig and it doesn't handle as it should when new?
I like the 33DS plenty big enough for the two of us. I don't host large groups or dance parties so didn't need the extra width of three slides.
The bed that comes with Nexus is horrible. Plan on dealing with that.

New 22 33DS (prices I think are going down) best price over a year ago was 209K.
We paid $170K for a 21 with 10K miles.

I think a professional inspection would be worth the time and money, regardless which way you go.

Oh, and my Wife, who isn't that tall doesn't like the lack of legroom on the passenger side. Nor is that impressed with the seat comfort. That cupholder had to go right away!
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:16 PM   #21

Congrats on your new rig.

It’s a beauty.

May you have many miles of smiles.
PABO05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 12:48 PM   #22

I had a 2022 Nexus Ghost 36DS. I have a 2023 36DS on order now. I like what the Nexus offered. I seen nicer looks on some other brands but the all steel including the storage compartments appealed to me. The 20,00lbs towing capacity is more than I will ever need. I like the drive and the size. I did not want a pusher. The passenger seat was right over the tire and some of the locations might freak my wife out. I liked the fact that I had some protection from a collision. I can say that 2022 had some quality defects that should have been addressed prior to delivery but I think many RV's suffered this in 21, and 22. The engine handled the mountains towing a gladiator with no problem. The reason for a 2023 order was the fact that my RV was stolen from the service center while waiting on warranty repairs during the winter of 2022. Good luck on your new RV
shakieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:08 PM   #23

I agree with DMA. The bed is horrible. I asked that Nexus ship my 2023 Ghost without a mattress. I would only throw it out. What is new for the 2023 Ghost is the on demand water heater. The 2022 did not have this.
Old 03-10-2023, 07:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakieg View Post
I agree with DMA. The bed is horrible. I asked that Nexus ship my 2023 Ghost without a mattress. I would only throw it out. What is new for the 2023 Ghost is the on demand water heater. The 2022 did not have this.
We changed the mattress on our ghost too. Actually, we’ve changed the mattress on every RV we’ve had. Everybody has their own preference for mattresses. I think they put in a super cheap mattress knowing you are going to change it out lol.
My 2017 Ghost came with a demand water heater. I didn’t know that had gone back to the tank models for a few years.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:58 AM   #25
DMA

The water heater is gone? Woww, now maybe there's room for a small garbage can!!!

Getting ready to put our 21 Ghost 33DS back into business. Had a full service done on it a month or so ago.
Installing a 3rd AGM battery; replacing two bulldog catches on a wood vent that falls off after each substantial bump. Loading the hardgoods back into their respective compartments.
Purchased a BluTech water softener, wife is excited about that. Think I'm going to upgrade my primary water filter with better filtration. Removing the one under the bed which is a PIA to access, permanantly.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
Nice rig, I've a 2017 36DS. I hope you enjoy it. If you haven't joined the facebook Nexus groups the unofficial one is fairly active but the official one has good information too. The factory is active in both.

As for the folks wondering why a Super C. In addition to the list mentioned above by DMA what sold me was the fact that pretty much every little town in the country has someone that works on diesel trucks. Many times they won't touch motorhomes but if you tell them that you have an International truck or a Freightliner truck all of their worries go away because they're familiar with them. One of the other big reasons is the availability and cost of parts. Medium duty trucks are everywhere and there is a robust parts market. For Class A's maybe not so much due to the low production numbers. The last price I heard for a winshield for an International Durastar 4300 was something like $300-400 not the $1,500 plus for most class A's. I will agree that you lose some floor space in the cab but it's not that big of a deal to me, it may be others. To each their own, but the Super C rung most of the bells for me.
We have a 2018 Ghost also. 70,000 miles and I still love it. Been running with some big chips in the windshield for years - good to hear about the replacement cost. I figured I'd wait until I had to sell it to replace the glass.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:26 PM   #27

A lot of Nexus owners have installed this gasket which reduces wind noise in the cab.

I suspect this might help in all Super Cs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	398888

Name:	image1.jpeg
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	398889

Name:	image2.jpeg
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	398890
Old 07-29-2023, 09:33 AM   #28

New To Post

I’m new to posting. I have a 2024 Ghost 36DS. I’m on a 2-1/2 month trip travel from the east coast to the west cost. I’m currently in Glacier. The RV has handled the roads well. I have had a couple of problems which choosing a unit that can be used with the slides in paid off. The rear slide we had a cable frayed on the third campsite so we leave it closed. The water for the ice maker is not on. Not sure where the line comes from (not under the sink). We added a mattress topper to the couch which made it comfortable. They changed the plumbing on the 24 over the 22 year models. The black tank has a separate drain location (not a fan of this but will make it work). The 24 had an on demand water heater which we love. The control is on the bed frame (hard to see). Nexus installed a different fresh water tank which now allows access to the bypass valve. This is much better. We hit some roads In Montana that were terrible. They still spray roads with tar and the put a thin layer of stone. I haven’t seen this since I was a kid. You can imagine the mess it created. I had tar all over the RV and Jeep. We spent a couple of hours removing it. We look forward to the rest of the upcoming trip